Help Needed! That's life I guess...now limping...

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Just over an hour ago I posted how happy I was because Ulysses is all better from his abscess situation 3 weeks ago. Couple of minutes later I went out for exactly 20min, came home and boom! he is now limping!! :shout: He was perfectly fine, and now his left front leg seems to go all the way to the side when he walks and he limps a lot. I checked his paws and legs all over and there is no sign of pain or anything else. Any ideas? should I take him to the vet tomorrow?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If he isnt in pain..I'd wait a few days to see if he can walk it off! Limit him from jumping or running too much. Often they land wrong to twist something.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
If he isnt in pain..I'd wait a few days to see if he can walk it off! Limit him from jumping or running too much. Often they land wrong to twist something.

I agree totally ... leave it a day or so and see what happens. They have no idea of their limitations at that point, he probably jumped and landed funny and somehow twisted it. How is he acting otherwise??

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes i would limit his activity and watch and see if it gets better in a few days. keep us updated.

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
He seems perfectly fine. We just went for our potty walk and met our neighbors and he started jumping and running as always (so hard to stop him!!) I'll give it a few days. I'll keep you guys posted :)

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Good news! He walked it off!! :jumpdance: I actually realized what he might have been doing. Sunday I saw how he climbed all the way up to the window sat on the sofa's arm and looked outside the window (like a cat!) for almost one hour. Then he suddenly got bored and tried to jump... I stopped him on time but I'm pretty sure this is how he hurt his leg last week.... Bully style! :yes:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
They seem to want to do all sorts of crazy things! When one of mine limps, I usually will wait a couple of days if it isn't swelling or they are otherwise normal.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.