URGENT!!! Question about eye and skin! Help!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hope Matilda gets better soon. If it was my dog would be taking the e-collar off too and keep an eye on her as it's definitely irritating her skin, pink irritated green skin = not good. Pepperoni = worse, lol. :) You have some very good experienced advice above. My Emma scratched her eye shortly after we got her and I took her to the vet. He had me put an eye gel in for lubrication. That worked really well for her. I know that's not the issue you have right now but just wanted to share that. 3 weeks seems like quite a long time, time to see another vet in my opinion.

:hug: to Matilda

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Three weeks is a long time and you should definitely have seen some improvement by now. I would certainly take her back to the vets to get that changed.

As for the e-collar .. if there is a green discharge and then it's a sign of infection! Take it off, do what desertskybulldogs mentioned and give it a good clean then clean the e-collar too. Whenever you can supervise 100% then keep the collar off. I personally hate those things ... and if there is a way to avoid using it then I do!!!

Good luck ... and if you are anyway concerned about that neck, try taking a photo of it and posting it on here. So much easier to comment when we can see what you are seeing!!! :up:

brynn81

Apr 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
I agree...I missed the green and smelling comment on your post....you do need to get that cleaned good....the vet says maybe a scratch..fine but needs to be cleaned and treated...with what I have heard I would seek another vet for sure! :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Ok, to beat a dead horse, I'm going to say........ take the collar off. Take pictures of the eye and the neck. I'd really like to take at look at the seriousness. With that said, My American Bully Jack had a stick pierce his eye about a year ago. It took at least 3 months to heal and get back to good color. I thought it would stay white for ever. My vet has never put a collar on any of my dogs in the 34 years I've been going to him. No more junk food ...........please, it does give them belly ache.

Hope to see pictures of your new baby soon. [MENTION=4980]318bud[/MENTION]

brynn81

Apr 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
I think the collar is because she is scratching her eyes... i would just be careful with the who taking off collar thing ....like others have said lay with her or maybe but socks on her.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
You have gotten some great advice above...If there is a sore in the collar are you need to remove it and just keep an eye to make sure she doesnt scratch. Hope everything gets better real soon :hug:

OP

318bud

May 26, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda
thank you everybody so much for the replies. 3 months for it to heal:cry:
that does make me feel a little better though, 3 weeks is just pretty long to me
I am definently going to get a second opinion and maybe even change vets because i want to find the perfect vet that i like as well

used some apple cidar venegar to clean her neck and worked great!! i think your right, some water just got stuck on her neck from the collar, causing a little infection.
just waiting it out for her eye to heal! i want my pup to enjoy life!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
thank you everybody so much for the replies. 3 months for it to heal:cry:
that does make me feel a little better though, 3 weeks is just pretty long to me
I am definently going to get a second opinion and maybe even change vets because i want to find the perfect vet that i like as well

used some apple cidar venegar to clean her neck and worked great!! i think your right, some water just got stuck on her neck from the collar, causing a little infection.
just waiting it out for her eye to heal! i want my pup to enjoy life!!!

Wow 3 months, must have scratched it up pretty bad. I agree a 2nd opinion cant hurt thats for sure. Eyes are not something to mess with. It is good to have a local vet for quick things and if you have to drive to a good bully vet for the big stuff like this it is SO worth it, trust me. Glad the neck cleaned up anyhow, :phew:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.