General Question Liquid diarrhea...

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Ok I brought Bruin out this morning and diarrhea came shooting out of him like as if you turned on a hose. It wasn't splattery or anything, it was a steady stream. Last night my bf said it was soft serve. Saturday morning my bf gave them both bacon from an egg mcmuffin and Saturday night he gave them the outer part of bologna :angry:

Please tell me this is why Bruin is having this diarrhea and its not something bacterial.

He knows that Bruin has issues to some things and that he's more sensitive than most dogs. Grrr. I said "what the heck are you doing?" Answer: "What? I gave it to him before. DJ (his childhood shitzu sort of dog) didn't have a problem with it" aaahhh. All dogs are different, especially bulldogs. Men!!!:shout: This morning when I told him about the diarrhea and reminded him of the bacon and bologna he says "ok, so no bacon or bologna anymore" :angry: Maybe if he just listened to me in the first place.

Sorry for the little rant...so you think the bacon and bologna the culprit? I'll give him some pumpkin when I get home and I just left them with some of their kibble and water (as usual), but maybe Bru's stomache needs a little rest.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awwww. Bruin really enjoyed that treat too, I bet!! I'd say give em some pumpkin and wait 24 hours before hitting the vet's office - but there are folks here far more astute and tummy troubles than I!

I hope Bruin feels better soon.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
OMG did he love it! I forgot to mention that over the past few months Bruin has been more and more of a PITA about having to get up and go outside. He hates it when I make him go pee pees, its like he never needs to go. So I was thinking, he apparently doesn't have to go out that much, therefore needs more water. Since I can't make him drink and he's not really down with the 'water in his food' thing, I've been giving him 3/4 of a can of NVI Lamb and Lilly the other 1/4, just at night though. That was Thur Fri and Sat. They've had NVI lamb before. Every once in awhile when they don't want to eat their food, I'll put that on top and they gobble it up. I can't imagine the NVI lamb would cause anything like the diarrhea he had and he was fine Fri and Sat. I even noticed it was easier to make him get up and go outside. Even the very night I gave him the first can, so I thought it was doing some good.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I'm thinking bacon and bologna have a lot of sodium and fat, so absolutely could cause the squirts....poor fella :(.... The canned food might have softened his stool a little but the bacon/bologna combo took it over the top....

Go back to his regular routine and see if it doesn't just clear up in a day or two...hope he feels better soon....

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Tell your boy friend to quite giving him junk. Give him the pumpkin and see if that helps. If he still has it tomorrow, I'd take him to the vet.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Can't help much on the issue but NO more junk, give him his kibble and he is fine, dogs don't need bacon and it's more trouble than it's worth for sure. Treat with healthy treats or green beans etc. lastly, consistency to do your daily routine for going outside 'will' pay off for sure, don't change and keep doing it even if he doesn't need to go. Teach him the routine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The shooting poop you are describing does have me a bit concerned. I would cut out all the "extras"... Including the canned, to see if it stops. If not, certainly get a fecal done as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
There's no definitive way to tell what caused the poops but his snack certainly didn't help. That would give a human the runs!

Anyway, I would let him empty out and then start him on bland diet until you get a firm poop then transition to regular food again. That should make it possible to skirt a trip to the vet unless it's something more than just a greasy meal.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
You have gotten some great advice already just wanteed to say I hope Bruin feels better soon :hug:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yep what they said. cut out the treats and ive had canned food give my dog soft :poo:. go back to the beginning and with some pumpkin and no more people food. if it clears up then add some canned food sparingly and see how he does. :peace2:

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Update...
I was waiting for his next poo before I gave him some pumpkin. But his next poo was solid so I thought :whew: everything is back to normal, but then he went back to very soft stool/diarrhea. So last night I gave him the pumpkin and this morning when he pooped it was for the most part solid but he had this whitish/beige film over some of his poop. Not a lot, just some....anal sac? I'm not sure what it would be. I'm gonna see what he dishes out tonight. I hope its regular. I'll give him a little more pumpkin tonight too.

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Saw the title of this thread and thought you were referring to my mother in law talking.

ROFLMAO

Sad but true.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.