Help Needed! Frequent urination only small amounts though?

slydawgz111

Jul 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
My Bully is 5 months old and today she started urinating every few minutes but only small amounts she does not appear to be in pain and her activity level is normal any ideas as to whats going on my vet is closed and I dont want to take her to the doggy ER if its nothing serious..

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm thinking possibly a UTI .... I don't think she needs the ER Vet, but I would certainly get her in tomorrow as soon as there is an appointment!!!

It's not uncommon, and maybe there are some temporary things you can do to alleviate any discomfort between now and tomorrow. I haven't personally had to deal with one of these, but I do know they are common, so hopefully somebody else will be along soon to give you more in-depth short-term advice!! :up:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My Bully is 5 months old and today she started urinating every few minutes but only small amounts she does not appear to be in pain and her activity level is normal any ideas as to whats going on my vet is closed and I dont want to take her to the doggy ER if its nothing serious..

Hi, I would try some cranberry juice for her to drink

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's what I'm thinking too, is a UTI. I would just call your vet tomorrow and try to get her in.

OP
slydawgz111

slydawgz111

Jul 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Thanks guys Im gonna try that until I can get her to the doc

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That could also be a sign of urate bladder stones. My Usko had UTI and bladder stones and was doing just that. Bladder stones are more common in males and bulldogs can have a defected gene that makes then more susceptible to stone forming. If it's also stones I would not give her cranberry juice. I would take her to the vet when it opens.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.