Other Suffering from grass allergies???

Miasmomma

Jul 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
3 weeks in and things just keep getting better. We started using hypoallergenic alcohol free baby wipes in Mia's belly, paws, and bottom after every trip outside and WOW what a difference. Rashes are almost gone and itching is minimal. Best thing (and cheapest) out there for our girl....

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, so glad you found something that works for her, great job.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
3 weeks in and things just keep getting better. We started using hypoallergenic alcohol free baby wipes in Mia's belly, paws, and bottom after every trip outside and WOW what a difference. Rashes are almost gone and itching is minimal. Best thing (and cheapest) out there for our girl....

Nice Find ! Good Job momma

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I've been keeping my grass -- the only grass I have is in the dog's yard --- long and only cutting it when it gets ridiculously long. (Which hopefully, is today) I've noticed that Bea and Bo --- especially Bo -- both react allergically (little hives) to freshly CUT grass. They can play in the yard all day and no bumps in the long grass. Since we go for a walk everyday -- and when there's some freshly manicured grass to poop/play in --- I get out the benedryl when I get home.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Wiping after each and every trip outside absolutely helps keep the itchiness down with both my bulldog and weimaraner...I just use a damp microfiber cloth (have a great big stack and launder them 1x a week)...fresh cut grass makes me sneeze so I definately think it's worse then just grass... Allergies are a pain in the you know what but these little things do make a difference! Good job for figuring out what helps your baby!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Yes, I too notice Bruin will start licking his paws more when the grass is cut. His paws get wiped every time he comes in with a baby wipe and when he licks his paws I use yellow listerine, just a little swipe. I should give him a benadryl before my bf cuts the grass and see if that helps more.

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Oliver has seasonal grass allergies, too. Our vet has us giving him 1 Claritin prior to any time at the park, where his allergies seem to flair. (he is oddly okay with our grass in our backyard)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.