General Question Puppy Pyoderma

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
I took Rocky to grooming yesterday, and the vet noticed this red bumps on Rocky's belly, i saw them before but i can barely see them, didn't think was anything to be concern about, she diagnosed him with puppy pyoderma? she said it's very normal on puppies, just wanted to know if any of you know about this and if i should do anything else besides the antibiotics? here's a pic, to me it doesn't look that bad, what you all think?

IMG_3056.jpgIMG_3057.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am on my iPod so I can't really see the pics too well, so i can't really see much of anything. I will check in later on my pc.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Honestly..I'm not familiar with it..but if antibiotics will be the treatment I would try an anti fungal shampoo..I know you just got him groomed..but that's what I would do..looks like a rash versus hives or other skin ailments. Wonder if it itches him?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i cant really see anything hardly maybe one red bump. did the vet diagnose this?

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Honestly..I'm not familiar with it..but if antibiotics will be the treatment I would try an anti fungal shampoo..I know you just got him groomed..but that's what I would do..looks like a rash versus hives or other skin ailments. Wonder if it itches him?

I don't think it bothers him, you can barely see them, i guess i'll just give him his antibiotics and see what happens :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
images
here is a bad case of Pyroderma , it's the most common of all skin rash's, you can relax, no harm. sometimes it comes in the form of large lumps or bumps, too that can be deceiving as a cyst or tumor. The pup usually grows out of this stuff in the first year. Your vet probably wants to clear it up before it gets worse. A shampoo and antibiotic are the norm. Keep us posted please oh yeah, and it is reoccurring

Last edited:
OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
images
here is a bad case o
f Pyroderma , it's the most common of all skin rash's, you can relax, no harm. sometimes it comes in the form of large lumps or bumps, too that can be deceiving as a cyst or tumor. The pup usually grows out of this stuff in the first year. Your vet probably wants to clear it up before it gets worse. A shampoo and antibiotic are the norm. Keep us posted please oh yeah, and it is reoccurring

Oh Wow!!!! i guess his is not bad at all :) , so you're saying he's going to get this often? :(

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh Wow!!!! i guess his is not bad at all :) , so you're saying he's going to get this often? :(

Nooooo, not quite, I said it's common, and he could get it again. Not to worry. You know what to do now. These guy's (this breed) is susceptible to all kinds of stuff, take a look around the threads. Jeesh, you name it, somebody's seen it.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So glad he is doing better! This website is great in any situation!

Members online

No members online now.