Other Easy tip for coping with an itchy bully

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
In my ongoing struggle to ease Truman and Linus' allergies, I came across a tip that seem like a no-brainer but I never thought of so I thought I'd share:

If your bully is itchy and the itching is causing lesions on the skin that are ripe for fungal and bacterial infections, keeping your bully's nails as short and smooth as possible help prevent them from damaging their skin when they do have the itches.

The Dremel works particularly well for this task.

I hope this helps and saves you and your bully from potential infections and vet visits!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION], one of the 1st things I did for Mr Brutie in the week after
I picked him up was get his nails done. Petsmark and I asked they use a file and round
them...girl left them too long and pointy...grrrr. I woulda noticed except Hubby was with
us, looking for flea shampoos & asking 100 questions, I was reading ingredient lists on dog
foods (he was on Iams and was itchy and gassy (very smelly gas) and I wasn't prepared
for the crowds that gathered around him (Newbies, add extra time to your schedule when
taking them w/you) but will be checking from now on! Hope the allergies are better! Carol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Absolutely! Great tip to point out [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yes, I agree! Funny how something so simple can make such a difference!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Also putting a tshirt on your bully helps prevent secondary infection,Annie wore one for 14 months and it saved a lot of infection setting in,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.