Help Needed! Red sores on Chunk's belly :(

MsKfernandez

Dec 21, 2011
San Jose, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy Lou and The Chunk-a-dunk-a-lis
Hi everyone!

Yesterday I noticed these red welts on Chunks belly. They are warm to touch and seem itchy. He is a rescue and when he was surrendered, had a serious bacterial skin infection. We have him taking an antibiotic everyday and a pill for yeast control 3x a week. I bath him in an anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti yeast wash once a week, supplement his grain free food (Fromm) with ACV, salmon oil and give him a pro biotic everyday. He has been totally fine up until yesterday. His skin and fur look amazing. What should I be doing? It breaks my heart to think he's uncomfortable :( :( Thanks!

Attachments

• chunk belly.jpg
    chunk belly.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 955

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I looks sore for sure, It sounds like you have a handle on everything, food and what not, It looks environmental. If it were me, after you wash him, rinse him with some 25% apple cider vinegar 75% water and leave it on. It will balance his ph level. try some gold bond powder when he's completely dry, I wouldn't do the medicated one, it may sting. Or instead of the powder if you have a bit of Desitine diaper rash creme apply that.

OP
M

MsKfernandez

Dec 21, 2011
San Jose, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do have some desitin, I will try that and the ACV rinse. Thanks! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly gets a rash like this sometimes, almost like a heat rash. I usually put something with a steroid on it and it is gone by the next day, like malecetic otic or Panalog. Same place, on her lower belly.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Sarah has a slight rash on her belly just redness though I think its from the heat. I use hydrocortisone cream on it and it goes away pretty quickly

OP
M

MsKfernandez

Dec 21, 2011
San Jose, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
It showed up yesterday and it hasn't been hot at all here... maybe low 70's with a nice cool breeze. Could it be grass? would grass make it show up suddenly?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It showed up yesterday and it hasn't been hot at all here... maybe low 70's with a nice cool breeze. Could it be grass? would grass make it show up suddenly?

It's quite possible yes, silly question? how long has he been on the salmon oil? could be allergic to that if it's something new to his diet. Just guessing

OP
M

MsKfernandez

Dec 21, 2011
San Jose, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
He's been on the salmon oil for a month. I put some Desitin on it at about 7 and I looked at it right now and its completely gone!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Also try to get him to sleep on a cotton sheet,it's said that dogs don't sweat in the groin area but there are glands that secrete oils and I've always believed that bulldogs secrete more for some reason,nappy rash cream is the best to get rid of the initial rash,keeping it clean and dry helps so much,when Annie was outside I made her lay on cotton sheets ,having no fur on the under carriage doesn't help it's very difficult and at times a full time job,karen

OP
M

MsKfernandez

Dec 21, 2011
San Jose, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Also try to get him to sleep on a cotton sheet,it's said that dogs don't sweat in the groin area but there are glands that secrete oils and I've always believed that bulldogs secrete more for some reason,nappy rash cream is the best to get rid of the initial rash,keeping it clean and dry helps so much,when Annie was outside I made her lay on cotton sheets ,having no fur on the under carriage doesn't help it's very difficult and at times a full time job,karen

Great tip, thanks!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im glad your baby is better. keep us posted and yes if they are allergic to grass it can cause that.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Glad it cleared up and things are getting better! If you can have an allergy panel taken to pinpoint what the allergy is and avoid it! It could just be heat rash like others said! Hope it stays away! Good Luck with everything :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.