Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi friends. I have been watching the hair analysis thread for some time, and I am concerned that EBN is promoting a test that could or could not be accurate.

We have two reasons for making this choice

1.) We have no validity of this test

2.) The follow up from the test is selling and promotion of holistic meds

We are making the choice to remove this topic until EBN can verify some of the results at our cost.

Since this test was such a 'good deal' price wise, I went ahead and let it stay posted even though it broke the forum rules about posting links because we really wanted to help people find answers. I also thought the thread would eventually get buried, but no it keeps getting bumped because we are all desperate for answers. But I am becoming nervous that we could also be leading people to false hope and learning in the end many members are getting supplements is making me wonder about this whole thing.

I know you are all big boys and girls and can make your own choices, but you know EBN cares about each one of you and your dogs, therefore until we get some concrete evidence regarding this test I cannot allow it on the forums any longer.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so relieved you are taking this action. While it may prove to be legitimate ..it also is obviously selling things. I personally have reservations that people are making big decisions based on an Internet and mail test. I sincerely hope it proves to be a valuable tool to help our Bully's. After all, that's why we are here.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I agree. Thanks for thinking of comparing the two different tests. I've always been skeptical of things that look too good to be true. But it would be great if the two tests turn out to be similar.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I've been very curious too about the comparison of the two.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I would still like to try to get this test for Tonka to see what it says. Tonka has had the skin allergy test and blood allergy test and comparing this test to the two i've had done might shed some light on its accuracy.

I was just looking everywhere for that thread with all the info. but I can't find it. Has it been removed? If someone can give me the information I would like to have it done. I too am skeptical of the results as the doctors I have taken Tonka to see have told me this test is not accurate. Still, I would like to give a try with the knowledge that it is not the be all, end all answer.

If someone can PM me the info. or send me a link to the thread I would appreciate it! :)

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Nevermind! I found the website! Did you know they do this test for people too? I wonder if someone with known allergies could try this out and see if it's accurate based on their known allergies too. I am very allergic to walnuts/cats and if those two didn't show up I would for sure feel this wasn't an accurate method. The test is on sale through the end of July but I suppose that wouldn't count for me at this point since by the time it reaches England it will likely not be July anymore so I should probably plan on paying full price?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
[MENTION=3445]Meggs19[/MENTION] I did the hair analysis test and I have no known allergies except to seaweed. I did it just to verify it. The test came back and according to it I'm allergic to dogs and beer amongst other things...so I don't really trust it.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
@RiSii Dogs and beer? What horrible things to be told you are allergic to!! :p Good to know though. I think I will still see if I can get it done for Tonka since i'm really curious about what it would show for him.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=3445]Meggs19[/MENTION] I did the hair analysis test and I have no known allergies except to seaweed. I did it just to verify it. The test came back and according to it I'm allergic to dogs and beer amongst other things...so I don't really trust it.

Hmmm dogs and beer....had you been drinking and playing with Usko just before collecting the sample? :haha:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hmmm dogs and beer....had you been drinking and playing with Usko just before collecting the sample? :haha:

Most likely I had some beer in my hair and as you know there's dog hair everywhere when you have a dog in the home...:lmao:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I think that is a good idea until the test is...well, more tested. I hadn't said anything but have been skeptical about the validity of the test and the results given. I tried several times to google and even to look up any scientific papers regarding hair testing for allergies and was not able to come up with anything very helpful.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Wow thanks for trying to figure out the validity....I actually had the test done for Schultz (even though my vet explained that the results weren't necessarily accurate for many reasons)...took the results with a "grain do salt" just a place to start with eliminating possible triggers and see if there were any results (never even considered administering the potion that came with his results)...allergy testing is a tricky field as allergies change over time....each case is individual ....crazy that [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] was found to be allergic to things that she isn't (smart mommy)....what's that saying if it sounds to good to be true.....?

jackcmuzic

Jun 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Willie
I have been very curious about this test for some time and was getting ready to send off my dogs hair sample. I am at my wits end trying to figure out what he is allergic too. Has anyone had any luck with this test? If not, what tests have been accurate and have helped your dog with food allergies? Thanks

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
As someone who is involved in the "health" field I can say that sometimes hair analysis is very useful (on humans anyways).
Would I rely on it 100%...no. It is simply another potential tool.
As far as leading people to false hope really is this any different then telling people to change foods etc.
People just need to learn and read and talk to there vet before they leap.
Matter of fact i got scolded from my vet this morning for putting Lulu on a grain free food.
So who do you believe?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.