Other Hair Analysis Test

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
@Meggs19 I did the hair analysis test and I have no known allergies except to seaweed. I did it just to verify it. The test came back and according to it I'm allergic to dogs and beer amongst other things...so I don't really trust it.

I am allergic to beer too!! it makes me swell!! :partytime::cheers2:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Been reading this thread and have to say I found the test bang on with Annie ,everything I thought she was allergic to wass flagged up,also remember that not all on the list is actual allergy some are flagged as irritant,it's quite a hard test to read so if not read properly it can be confusing,what I don't understand is that just because it's not a vet test doesn't make it incorrect,vets will suggest animal owners do allergy testing on thier animals at up to hundreds of dollars/pounds a time,there is far too much faith put in vets and remember they always push vacs,flea treatment,drugs,food,allergy testing the list goes on and on,for the most they are money making machines,just because some therapy is not vet led does not make it wrong ,just alternative,karen

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION]

When I got the results for Usko you were kind enough to tell me how to read it, cause it was difficult to read at first, so when I did it for myself I already knew how to read it.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
@karenben

When I got the results for Usko you were kind enough to tell me how to read it, cause it was difficult to read at first, so when I did it for myself I already knew how to read it.
They can be difficult to read,I had to be shown how!but I do believe the test is more informative than vet testing,just my opinion,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well noone is saying the test isnt right just that we would like to have some verification that it is before people get it and maybe its right and maybe its not. i dont see anything wrong with that. just because they are not a vet doesnt mean its right either.

Last edited:
OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Forgive me, I am just having some coffee. We don't have links to vet tests on the site either. We are not saying it is wrong, but we cannot support it and put the link on here unless we are 100% sure.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree, nobody is saying it is false. Heck I hope it is a good form of testing, how many people will it benefit?!?!?! BUT honestly if I had it done and it came back saying this, that and the other, how would I know for sure it is right. I mean I can also take money and tell you things your baby is allergic to does not make it so. I think once we can maybe test it against someone who has had the blood testing that will def help verify how credible it is. Just cannot support something that is so unknown is all. I hope it is a good test! :up:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
@desertskybulldog, what a smart choice :). It kind of boosts the validity of the things that ARE supported here. It shows that this site tries to be as helpful and accurate as possible.

Bravo! :bravo:

Last edited:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Not sure if it will help your investigation or not but I just got Abby's results back. It shows she is allergic to (among other things) beef, yams, apples and parsley. I have noticed that she doesn't digest beef protein well but she eats yams and parsley all the time with apple snacks and I haven't noticed any problems. According to this, she doesn't have many allergies at all compared to some of the other results I've seen posted here.

The test also picked up weaknesses in her kidneys, spleen, pineal gland, thyroid, small intestine and eustachian tube. She did have an ear infection at the time I took the sample and she has well documented issues with her kidneys and thyroid. The other stuff is new. What it did not pick up is that her liver and pancreas as also weak with blood tests to prove it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.