Help Needed! enlogated palete?

Libbygirl

Jul 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Libby
So Libby had surgery almost a week ago, we has some compliactions with breathing issues. She is home now but continues to have coughing fits. The ER doc wants me to see a surgeon for enlogated palate. This all started right after surgery, it seems it would be connected as she never had these problems and she just turned 7. The last thing i want to do is put her thru a unecessary surgery. Anyone have this issue after surgery? Did it clear up? I mean they are a bussiness at the end of the day and that scares me.

Thanks in advance

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Her throat may be raw from the surgery last week. They do put a rather large breathing tube down the throat during surgery. She could also have side affects from the anesthesia. If it were me and I would keep a close eye on her to watch for any improvement or worsening before I run to the vet, that's just me

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
So Libby had surgery almost a week ago, we has some compliactions with breathing issues. She is home now but continues to have coughing fits. The ER doc wants me to see a surgeon for enlogated palate. This all started right after surgery, it seems it would be connected as she never had these problems and she just turned 7. The last thing i want to do is put her thru a unecessary surgery. Anyone have this issue after surgery? Did it clear up? I mean they are a bussiness at the end of the day and that scares me.

Thanks in advance

If you want to private message me I can talk to you about elongated Palate surgery. Dublin has had it twice.

OP
Libbygirl

Libbygirl

Jul 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Libby
Thats kinda what im thinking, her throat is still irratated from everything she went through. Ive been keeping a very close eye on her, but when she goes into one of these coughing fits it scares the heck out of me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.