Other jameson has the pukes

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
not sure what's going on...hoping for a stomach virus. he threw up while i was at work yesterday but i didn't find it till late....so i fed him dinner...he then proceeded to throw it up 10 mins later....at the time i thought the heat hit him hard...so i went to a friends and he got a handful of kibble...played...seemed fine...got home and 3 hours later threw it all up again...so i gave him an ice pop to get some liquids in him and 10 minutes later he threw up 3 more times...he slept fine and woke up this morning and wanted to eat...i didn't have any cooked chicken or rice so i gave him a small handful of kibble and he ate it and looked at me like...ummm....helloooooo where is breakfast...but i didn't give him more...i cooked up a chicken for dinner tonight and gave him a small piece and he sat there licking his chops...i dropped him at a friends so that he will only be alone for a couple of hours...i still don't think he feels great but when i left him at 11:30am breakfast had stayed down for 3 hours...soooo hoping he picked up a stomach bug at camp bowwow...

on a side note cleaning dog puke out of carpets is a bitch....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Does he eat too fast? But that wouldn't explain the throwing up after a handful of kibble. Heat can cause lots of problems..it is good he has kept his food down tday..but I'd be concerned if it continues. They can get dehydrated so quickly.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
his eating speed has slowed down considerably the older he gets...it takes him a couple minutes to eat now which 2 years ago it took him 15 seconds....he did take a big drink of water this morning and another when i dropped him at my friends...i should know if he threw up again when my friend gets home soon...

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
was it bile or food mostly that came up? When I find bile I know it is a tummy ache. Sounds like he may be feeling a bit better tho if he kept down that little bit for breakfast so that is good.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
the first several times was food and liquid...the last time may have been bile...not sure....wasn't alot because he was running on empty....in total i think he threw up 4 times but twice each time....just like humans...ick....least he was smart and got off the bed....thank god

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
heading the vet tomorrow...he threw up again...so it has been 24 hours....poor guy

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Just talked to sean. It seems this afternoons puke wasnt breakfast... But the small piece of chicken i gave him and liquid. Breakfast digested and he pooped so im happy about that. Ah the joys of motherhood

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would get him on the bland diet too until the vet appointment tomorrow. It's white rice and chicken or hamburger meat.

Here's a tip ......... always have white rice and a can of good dog food in the house. Preferably, a can of the same kibble your bully is on. That way it can be your emergency pack if this ever happens again. I always try and keep a stash of both of those things so I'm never caught off guard! :2thumbs:

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
does fromm even make canned food??? i had sean give him an ice pop(we use them to do a quick cool when hot) and he also gave him a frozen broth cube...we will try some shredded chicken tonight...just a small amount...he HATES rice and spits it out hahahaha...but def will do chicken....hopefully his ice pop stays down

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
does fromm even make canned food??? i had sean give him an ice pop(we use them to do a quick cool when hot) and he also gave him a frozen broth cube...we will try some shredded chicken tonight...just a small amount...he HATES rice and spits it out hahahaha...but def will do chicken....hopefully his ice pop stays down

Yes, Fromm makes canned food too.

Wishing Jameson a speedy recovery!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.