Help Needed! Malaket wipes and rash?

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
So, the vet gave us malaket wipes for Aubie's red spot on her belly and said it was bacterial. We've been using the wipes twice daily as recommended by our vet since Saturday. I noticed today that her belly looks like it is breaking out into a rash. Could it be a reaction to the wipes?? She has had a pink belly before after playing outside, but this is much worse. It doesn't look like more of the red spots.

I had some Vet Solutions Universal Medicated Shampoo, so I gently washed her belly after she came in for the night in hopes it would help calm it because it always helped Aubrey's skin problems. I will check it in the morning and wipe her belly every time she comes in from outside to keep her belly clean.

Should I give her benadryl and keep with the wipes?
Should I stop the wipes, give her benadryl, and try treating otherwise?
Should I try the Malacetic Ultra I have instead (I notice it has Hydrocortisone instead of the other ingredient in malaket)?
Any suggestions for other remedies that might help?

I don't want to make it worse than it was by using something that may be breaking out her little belly. Any advice is helpful!

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I guess my girl is just weird since no one else has experience with this! Anywho, if anyone ever needs to know... I washed her tummy last night and this morning with the Vet Solutions Universal Medicated Shampoo, and this afternoon it looks so much better. I am going to use it before bed and use the Malacetic Ultra on her two red spots and hopefully it won't give her the same reaction (I haven't tried it on her yet).

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I guess my girl is just weird since no one else has experience with this! Anywho, if anyone ever needs to know... I washed her tummy last night and this morning with the Vet Solutions Universal Medicated Shampoo, and this afternoon it looks so much better. I am going to use it before bed and use the Malacetic Ultra on her two red spots and hopefully it won't give her the same reaction (I haven't tried it on her yet).
hey there sorry no one else had answered. ive not had this experience with a reaction to this product but the best way to find out if its the malaket is to use something else and see if the rash clears up. the malacetic ultra should be ok or you can get hibiclenz at the drug store. its anti bacterial wash but it is part of whats in the malaket so id check it first. even peroxide would be ok i guess. keep us updated. you can always try the wipe on part of another area to check. its a good product and if its not whats causing this would be good to know that to. keep us updated. :)

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]! I will keep hibiclenz and peroxide in mind if this doesn't work.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm sorry! Looks like this was missed! I've not had a problem with the Maloket...but they do smell strong and it wouldn't surpriise me at all that she might be sensitive. I am glad ÿou had success with the shampoo. I have used the Maloket wipes and lately using Douxo pads..they seem to work as well and don't smell nearly as strong. I hope you've found the answer and so sorry I missed your question!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.