PleaseHelp

hansel07

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
chollo
Please Help me my 1yr old EB and 6months old hybrid buldog r suffering from skin problem.
dont know d cause/s,but i tried to change their food from beef pro to hollistic recipe, nothing happened
vet gave me a steroid to give them for five days, but still/i think nothing happened
what kind of skin problem is this?:begging:how to treat?
Tnx

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg
IMG_0996.jpgIMG_0997.jpgIMG_0998.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hang on..we will get you some help. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]...[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION].....[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION].....[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Oh poor baby, wish I could help - I'm sure advice with be coming right along - best of luck!

L

Lucy-licious

Oh dear that looks painful. What did the vet say it was? If he gave you steroids I'm guessing he thinks allergy related. Someone will be able to advise you, but if it's not clearing and the course of meds is finished I would advise a return visit to the vet. Did he do a skin scrape for mites while you were there last time?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi and welcome!

My only experience with these kinds of things is that it can be food related. Chollo may be allergic to something in the food, it can be one or multiple things. I'm not familiar with the brands you have in the Philippines. Do you have Fromm, Nature's Variety: Instict, Earthborne Holistic, or even Blue Buffalo? These are popular choices here.

Also, has your vet done any tests, such as mange scrapes, or for other parasites?

We're all here to help. We just need more info. We're not giving up!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I would take him to a dermatologist or another vet. face looks like hot spots? Duke had these but not all over the body.. could be a few things but I would have a skin scraping done..

don't worry once you figure out what it is then you can properly treat it.. Hang in there.. :heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
HOLY HOT SPOTS!!!! Yes I certainly think that is what you have here.

You should shave them all with an electric razor, cannot believe the vet did not do that already. Clean with hybicleanse or antibacterial soap 3x a day.

Topical panalog, malacetic ULTRA, genone sprays will all work to make it go away faster, as they all have steriod in them.

It is best to be sure there is no bacterial or fungal infections with this bad of a case so I would seek medical attention.

Food was brought up, these kinds of spots are usually brought on by food allergies. How long have they been this way? Is it reoccurring? I really think this has probably progressed into a skin infection as well.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Bubba had a couple bit hot spots. He gave him a shot and put him on antibiotics, because they were getting infected very quickly!! You have to shave them. I put desitin cream, for babies butts, to keep moisture out. I think his was from fleas. I think he is allergic! Saw 1 flea on him at the time, and that was enough. I switched flea meds. Fleas are getting immune to the same old flea meds. Just a thiught

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor baby! As stated... these look to be hotspots which are caused by allergies/weaken immune system... you baby needs antibiotics. Do as [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] stated with shaving/cleaning... and get back tot he vet. Also, if the food you are feeding has chicken or grains in it... look for another that does not have those ingredients... bullies tend to be very sensitive to them.

Please keep us posted and give that little baby lots of hugs from us

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You've already received advice from some of the best so I'll just say :welcome: to EBN!! ;)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes im late to this and youve gotten good advice so i will say hello and welcome to ebn as well. :) i hope your babies get better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.