Other Bruno's umbilical hernia

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
This is what an umbilical hernia looks like in a bulldog puppy (8weeks) I am not sure yet if he will need surgery or if it will self correct. What do you think?
059802e0.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi Ana! Jake had an umbilical hernia pretty much like that one. It shrank a lot by the time he was 11 months old and it was repaired when he was neutered. Sometimes they do clear up on their own...but I'd count on fixing it when he's neutered. The vet charged $75 extra to repair it and the people we bought him from reduced his price by $100 to compensate for vet bill.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Just the person I wanted to respond!! So PITA award huh?? Lol!! What did I ever do to deserve that eh? I donhave to confess I love the way it looks in my award section! :) And thank u for your advice regarding the hernia too :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just the person I wanted to respond!! So PITA award huh?? Lol!! What did I ever do to deserve that eh? I donhave to confess I love the way it looks in my award section! :) And thank u for your advice regarding the hernia too :)

:ROFL: Nothing wrong with a Bully Butt on your info! P.S. You CAN get more than one if you misbehave! :biglaugh:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yap as Becky has said, it is no big deal and can be fixed when he gets neutered. Plus don't feel bad about getting the pina award. I got one for, "just because". :ROFL:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey I got one so I wouldnt be left out, and here all this time I thought I earned it!! I better start....

Sent from my iPod touch using

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] aw ana i dont know anything bout it but id say the hernia has been covered but dont worry bout the pita thing i have 3 :hissy:

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Oh this is good to know! Seamus has a pretty pronounced one as well. He is 12 weeks old. Our breeder said it could be fixed when we neuter him.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh this is good to know! Seamus has a pretty pronounced one as well. He is 12 weeks old. Our breeder said it could be fixed when we neuter him.

Absolutely! Did they offer to compensate you for the extra charge added to the neuter for fixing this? It isn't much..but I do hope they offered!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online