General Question Edema

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Sad news. Had to bring heff to the vet today as he is drinking and retaining water like crazy. He easily drinks more then 1 gallon/day. This spring the vet did all kinds of tests on him and could not find anything wrong. He has these "jowls" that hang down off both sides of his belly. He looks like a female who has just given birth and is nursing. The vet today said its Edema and has referred us to the University for further diagnosis/testing.
So I was wondering if anyone else here has ever experienced this?
We are transitioning him yet again to a new food.
Ugh this is so frustrating and ridiculously expensive.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry to hear this. After Usko's Urate stone surgery he had huge amounts liquid retained in his stomach around the wound, but other than that I never knew it could happen...so no wisdom here. Only wishing that it's nothing and he is back to normal soon!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry to hear this, has the vet done a test for his kidneys, to see if they are functioning correctly? Hope they can figure it our soon.

L

Lucy-licious

Hope they work it out soon. From what I'm finding bulldogs are a breed that get edema, severe allergies can contribute to it as can kidney problems. :hug: for Heff xx

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have Human experience with someone having Edema..it was a side problem due to heart issues...just having it is a strain on the kidneys. I'm hoping you get answers..Positive answers.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.