Help Needed! Crackling and Popping While Breathing

Abuimad

May 24, 2012
Doha Qatar
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Biggie has Phlegm in his lungs or airways, his breathing is sometimes raspy and crackling and popping sounds are not uncommon, took him to a vet, he gave him a course of antibiotics for 10 days after having him X-rayed and hair tested, he finished the course, his breathing seemed to get a bit better but fast forward 2 weeks and he has a very runny nose, his breathing is raspy and the crackling is back with a vengeance, thoughts anyone on what i should do, i have a vet appointment saturday (2 days) I've done a lot of research and I've come with two causes to his problems, 1) pneumonia or 2) elongated soft palate .... my first vet i wasn't very confident with, however after extensive research and a lot of phone calls i found a bully owner in a country where owning dogs is not very common and he gave me contact details to a vet that has worked on 6 different bulldogs, after talking to him on the phone, i set up an appointment and my mind is somewhat at ease that he will be handled by someone with bully experience.

more info on biggie;
hes 9 months old, neutered and his eating and drinking is not abnormal, his stools are not very soft, he has his bursts of energy which he runs around till he drops and sleeps for an hour and he has some yeast on his paws which i Just started noticing and I'm going to take the apple cider vinegar route and hope it helps, when he breathes from his mouth he's panting and raspy, when he settles down and breathes from his nose, the sounds go away (well except for the snoring)

any thoughts or advice ?

OP
A

Abuimad

May 24, 2012
Doha Qatar
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
I never end a post without a biggie pic lol
504ca3f5-df57-e058.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am not sure about this one. My Pookie sounded raspy like he had a buger in his throat and I had him checked out and he was in perfect health. It has since almost gone away with age but I notice it more when he is playing for long periods of time. It sounded like he has a lugi in his throat that needed to be coughed out.

Sent from my iPod touch using

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm thinking it may be an elongated palate. Hopefully this new vet will know more about bullies and can get to the bottem of the problem.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Allergies? Have you tried Benadryl? Worth a **** for a couple days..see if it helps. Have you tried a little lemon juice down the throat to see if it dissolves it a bit? Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.