URGENT!!! Urine squirting

bmfstunner

Jul 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Hi, My name is Dave. My Bulldog's name is Dexter, this is the first time I'm using this site and I'm looking for some insight to a problem I've been having with Dexter.

The problem I'm having with Dexter is he squirts urine, while he's walking around in my bedroom and occasionally while he's on the bed. This behavior is different in that he doesn't squat and lean forward as he does when he's outside. I'll take him out and then he'll do it within the next two hours. Dexter is 11 months old and he knows to go outside, I've even had to leave him in the cage for up to six hours at a time when I've been at work and he's held his urine fine, so I'm ruling out a UTI. My girlfriend and I think it might be a marking a terrority, we're going to get him neutered. It seems as though it only happens in the bedroom or atleast thats the most dominant area.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
ya sounds like you guys have it figured out thats what I would think too! I hope getting him fixed helps that and it all together stops!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He may be marking, or is he possibly very happy/excited/scared? My Pookie does the same when he is 'emotional'.

Sent from my iPod touch using

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hi, My name is Dave. My Bulldog's name is Dexter, this is the first time I'm using this site and I'm looking for some insight to a problem I've been having with Dexter.

The problem I'm having with Dexter is he squirts urine, while he's walking around in my bedroom and occasionally while he's on the bed. This behavior is different in that he doesn't squat and lean forward as he does when he's outside. I'll take him out and then he'll do it within the next two hours. Dexter is 11 months old and he knows to go outside, I've even had to leave him in the cage for up to six hours at a time when I've been at work and he's held his urine fine, so I'm ruling out a UTI. My girlfriend and I think it might be a marking a terrority, we're going to get him neutered. It seems as though it only happens in the bedroom or atleast thats the most dominant area.

I'd keep him out of the bedroom for now. He's just a pup and learning and all that testosterone is working its magic, I suppose. Getting him fixed will help with his "inner stud" (in that he won't be frustrated anymore) but now you have to disagree with / modify that behavior. If Dex knows you are the pack leader, there's no reason for him to mark things. Put a doggie door to block the bedroom and start leadership rituals with your dog immediately; Cesar Millan style.

Animals pee in strange places when there IS a health issue. Making sure it's not a UTI would be my first step.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'd go to the vet too to rule out UTI. It's a simple procedure, they give you a bottle and you'd need to catch some of his pee into it. Simply put, lol.

When my Stig had a UTI he'd only pee in his 'reserved' spot in the house, nowhere else. Now we've learned that if we see multiple small puddles in there, instead of the usual couple of large ones, then it's an indication that there may be something going on.

If he does have UTI, then he's going to need antibiotics to clear it up. If it doesn't get treated promptly then it may travel to the kidneys, which is more difficult to fight.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.