General Question TEAR STAINS

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Olive has developed a tear stain Ugghh! She recently has been playing in the woods because with the extreme heat we have had, the woods have provided shade. She has a clear runny nose and some new pinkness around her eyes and chin. The symptoms are well-managed with Benadryl and for now she's not walking in the woods. Other than a baby powder/peroxide paste, anyone have another successful remedy?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Wipe daily with colloidal silver then once weekly when staining has gone,this is what I used on Annie and she never had tear stains even tho she was allergy ridden,karen

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have found the best way to treat tear stains if to find the right food, which is not an easy path. Vegas has multiple allergies and had very bad tear stains and yeasty face. He does occasionally get them on one side of his face and I use a solution from our vet, Malaket solution.

L

Lucy-licious

Afraid I cant help Lucy doesnt have any tear stains either..she did but got a fungal infection elsewhere and after a course of anti fungal meds they went away and have never come back :whew:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh I wish I have a good remedy for tear stains on white faces. What I've noticed though is that Stig, my all white bully, gets teary mostly in the summer months and less in winter. It may have something to do with environmental allergens. Daily cleaning is the only thing I can think of, sorry!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
It us food related. Cutty had them for years and since using fromm, no more. Lamb caused them in him and also bets do as well. Not sure what else but those for sure. I would not go over board with products rather than trying diff foods. Now cpp has that blueberry scrub i think it is and it keeps them clean also. Might wanna try that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson used to have bad tear stains no matter the food or apple cider vinegar then in the past month they went away after I wiped them daily with unscented baby wipes. I couldn't believe it. I guess the red yeast went away. He has been on the same food nature's logic beef for about 5 months now so I don't think it was the food making it go away.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.