Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Default update on Dubbie's surgery

First I want to thank everyone for their kind words and wishes. they mean so much. below is an update from a few hours ago. Still figuring stuff out on the forum

The surgeon just called. She came through the surgery just fine Thank God. he took the two saccules, more of the soft palate and did fine tuning of her nostrils. He thinks she will do well. The two negatives that he can't do anything about is the fact that she does really have a very small trachea. He operated on a little pug before her and it had the same size trachea. There is also some calcification of the cartilage around her Larynx making it very “rubbery” instead of flexible so that can't be operated on. Her big issue down the road is the collapse of the Larynx and/or the trachea. At which point there is nothing they can do. If it is to happen at all hopefully it is way down the road.
    The next 24 to 48 hours are critical. If she gets through that without complications we should be good.

We won’t see her until tomorrow L This is the first time since we brought her home that she won’t spend the night with either one of us...

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: update on Dubbie's surgery

oh my but im glad things went well. just wish better news down the road. will be sending nice thoughts and prayers your way.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

So happy to hear that the surgery went well! Lots of healing thoughts coming your way!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my that sounds like it went well. Phew! The next few days will be so nerve wrecking i know. Hourly thus really makes a big diff on quality of life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully, ugh dang phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry ... but at least the surgery is over and all we can do now is pray that she gets through recovery just fine. When we first got Maggie, she broke her elbow within two weeks of having her home. The surgeon at the time commented that she had a trachea the size of a pencil. It never seemed to stop her running around, we just had to be over cautious in the ohio summers because of the humidity.

Thinking of you .......

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Hope the recovery period is as smooth as the surgery.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

So glad the surgery went well and hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I'm sorry ... but at least the surgery is over and all we can do now is pray that she gets through recovery just fine. When we first got Maggie, she broke her elbow within two weeks of having her home. The surgeon at the time commented that she had a trachea the size of a pencil. It never seemed to stop her running around, we just had to be over cautious in the ohio summers because of the humidity.

Thinking of you .......
    this is Dubbie's second surgery for breathing issues. There is nothing left to take out now to help her. She wants to be such an active dog and when she tries it is tough on her. When the surgeon heard she swims, goes boating, Loves walking and boy you should see her go when she finds a rabbit to chase. Unfortunately all of these things she loves takes a terrible toll on her, so I'm hoping she can do what she loves and not look like she is about to keel over. We live in Florida so that makes these activities even tougher. Again, thanks for the support.

Real Name
    Kassie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus McGee
    Likes (Received)

sending good vibes from Bama
    "You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats animals"

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

Glad she is doing well! Hopefully what the surgeon was able to do will out weigh the negatives, and she can get back to being the super bully that she is.

Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbiedog View Post
    First I want to thank everyone for their kind words and wishes. they mean so much. below is an update from a few hours ago. Still figuring stuff out on the forum

The surgeon just called. She came through the surgery just fine Thank God. he took the two saccules, more of the soft palate and did fine tuning of her nostrils. He thinks she will do well. The two negatives that he can't do anything about is the fact that she does really have a very small trachea. He operated on a little pug before her and it had the same size trachea. There is also some calcification of the cartilage around her Larynx making it very “rubbery” instead of flexible so that can't be operated on. Her big issue down the road is the collapse of the Larynx and/or the trachea. At which point there is nothing they can do. If it is to happen at all hopefully it is way down the road.
    The next 24 to 48 hours are critical. If she gets through that without complications we should be good.

We won’t see her until tomorrow L This is the first time since we brought her home that she won’t spend the night with either one of us...
    Newest update. I just called and spoke with the night Dr. she said Dublin is sleeping and snoring They are keeping her medicated for the night and monitoring her breathing. they will try offering her some water every hour and they will call me in the morning. Miss her terribly but I know she is being well taken care of. My husband will have his side of the bed tonight but I know he wishes she was here huffing in his ear and kicking him in the back..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads