Walking issues after sleeping.

asuman1179

Jan 9, 2012
Denver,CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
I am not sure what has been going on with Meatball. It seems after meatball has been sleeping he has issues walking. It's like his legs are asleep but he ends up walking off. Should I be worried it is something bigger?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hmm?? I don't know, but Vegas kind of does the same thing after snoozing for a while, he walks like his back legs are stiff, But when I get out of bed in the morning, I snap, crackle and pop all the way out of the bedroom so I think it is just normal stiffness from resting, just my opinion. Vegas walks normal if he is up and follows me all over the house.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I don't know, aside from the legs being asleep? Have no experience with this, sorry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
There'd be worry if the problems walking were sustained over time.

When Bo first gets up, he has a very brief period of "wobbly" when he first gets up. He has to kind of "walk it off", but in moments he's fine. I don't notice this much with Bea at all though.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver does the same thing with only his back left leg after sleeping, but not all the time. When he first gets up it's almost like his leg out of place, because he holds it away from his body and just limps on it for a few steps. He'll sit down for a few seconds and then get back up and he's fine or sometimes I'll rub it and then he's fine.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I am not sure what has been going on with Meatball. It seems after meatball has been sleeping he has issues walking. It's like his legs are asleep but he ends up walking off. Should I be worried it is something bigger?

Could you get it on video to show us?

Vegas sways his back end alot when he wakes up. But he suffers from Ataxia, so I think that is the culprit.

OP
A

asuman1179

Jan 9, 2012
Denver,CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Well I will try to get him on a clip the next time it happens. He seems to be doing better just worried it could be a big issue. Thanks for all the responses.

OP
A

asuman1179

Jan 9, 2012
Denver,CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Today did not want to get up for food. Picked him up to bring him near food and was little slow. Last night he played pretty hard with two other dogs so body might be little stiff.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online