Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible torn ACL :(

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Possible torn ACL :(

[QUOTE=Angelgirl;214068]@cali~jenn I'm so sorry you are going through this also! That's what I'm worried about with Belly..she's a crazy nut..we both work 2nd shift..it's going to be so hard to watch her. I'm going to see about getting on 1st shift temporarily so there is always someone home with her..Good to know about getting them both Xrayed!

And I AM home all day with him. ugh..... SO cant wait to hear that he is ok on friday at the 6 week mark. I hope to never have to go thru anything like this ever in my life. And to think it could have been a bigger surgery which would have been harder. ugh..... Oh and Cutty's was only 1600 ish for the surgery but then had already spent a good 300 on xrays. The first place was going to charge over 2400 so I was happy to have to pay less than that for a better dr.

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

My friends cost $1200, but it wasn't done right and had to be done again...and then the other leg... ugh.. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst...
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn just wanted to add I hope you get good news Friday! Let me know how it goes!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgirl View Post
    @cali~jenn just wanted to add I hope you get good news Friday! Let me know how it goes!
    Thank you, I will hopefully be starting a celebration thread after the appt. Gawd I hope!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@AdventuresWithOliver we just spoke with the surgeon and I thought you had it expensive! It will be between $3500-$5500 for Belly We have an appointment next wednesday the 18th ...if they feel she tore it , they will operate that day

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@AdventuresWithOliver we just spoke with the surgeon and I thought you had it expensive! It will be between $3500-$5500 for Belly We have an appointment next wednesday the 18th ...if they feel she tore it , they will operate that day
    Whoa, is that for both knees? If not, that's pricey! But it'll be definitely worth it in the end.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Drool Catcher AdventuresWithOliver's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherri
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver
    Likes (Received)

That's definitely pricey. Is it for TTA surgery or TPLO? Is that quote for both knees? We were actually quoted $2,900 but we had the pre-admission blood work done at our own vet instead of the hospital, so it saved us some money. That definitely sounds like a lot....
    Life is always an Adventure with Oliver!
    http://adventureswitholiver.tumblr.com/

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Whoa, is that for both knees? If not, that's pricey! But it'll be definitely worth it in the end.

*sigh* just one

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AdventuresWithOliver View Post
    That's definitely pricey. Is it for TTA surgery or TPLO? Is that quote for both knees? We were actually quoted $2,900 but we had the pre-admission blood work done at our own vet instead of the hospital, so it saved us some money. That definitely sounds like a lot....
    We haven't seen the surgeon yet, but I asked the receptionist what a quote would be and she came back later and asked Belly's weight, then told me a "ballpark" figure. I was wondering before I talked to them if it was going to be outrageous since the surgeon works out of the emergency clinic... they double everything.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

We haven't seen the surgeon yet, but I asked the receptionist what a quote would be and she came back later and asked Belly's weight, then told me a "ballpark" figure. I was wondering before I talked to them if it was going to be outrageous since the surgeon works out of the emergency clinic... they double everything.
    I had to pay for 2 TPLOs for Bentley's torn ACLs - I think they were around $2,700 a piece in Phoenix about 6 or 7 years ago. It's definitely no fun and, not to overwhelm you, but once the first one goes, there is something wild like a 90% chance the other will follow. Bentley had his first done at 10 months and second done at 26 months.

Good luck...and if you have any specific questions, do ask since so many of us have been in your shoes!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Oh my gosh that is a lot. being an emergency Vet i bet it would be cheaper at a reg bully Vet. Have you called more than one? I Would def call around and once you get xrays, get a copy so you can get a2nd opinion at least. Don't rush it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Oh my gosh that is a lot. being an emergency Vet i bet it would be cheaper at a reg bully Vet. Have you called more than one? I Would def call around and once you get xrays, get a copy so you can get a2nd opinion at least. Don't rush it.

My vet said there are only 2 orthopedic surgeons here and one in Maryland. The other one here is working at the same emergency clinic. I'm going to ask them why it's so expensive and see what my alternatives are. I'm praying my company doesn't go out on strike at the end of the month or I'm really gonna be in deep doo doo...we'll all be living in a box..but Belly won't be limping lol!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads