!!!! what do I do!!!

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I need some input on this one I don't know what I should do. I noticed a drop of fresh blood on a toy Boadie was chewing and opened his mouth to investigate.... I was shocked to find that his tooth on top next to his canine is pointing straight out! I think he did it playing ruff with Uni this morning. What do I do? should I take him to the vet? can they do anything for him? should I try to push it back into place? I had a friend who knocked her teeth out and the dentist told her if she wold have set it back into place right after it happened, that it may have heeled. Please I need advise, I don't know what to do....

* boadie is 4 months old now, It may be a baby tooth falling out, who old do they lose their teeth?

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think that is the right time for baby teeth to start coming out, it will likely come out on its own later today. Has the bleeding stopped?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I agree, most likely a baby tooth. You might be able to ice his gums a little and pull the tooth out. Usually the babies swallow their baby teeth!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH.... hope it is just the baby teeth, Lisa would know with all those puppies.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
It's a baby tooth, so I wouldn't worry. Bob is 5 months old and still dropping baby teeth. He has ripped them out on stuff the past few weeks and been all bloody. Freaked me out at the time too!

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
yes, the bleeding has stopped. Just a little on the toy. The tooth seems to be in there pretty good, there is a small amount of wiggle. But it seems to be solid. I called the vet, they seemed not too concerned. Said the adult teeth look different, more rounded. It seems like the tooth on the other side is brand new too, so I am thinking it is just a baby tooth coming out. For a minute I was freaking out! HA HA! I have a thing about tooth injures! LOL!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it should be okay. Hey blood is a freaky thing no matter why it is happening! Nice to see you again, we need more pics you know. :D

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Yes it is good to have some advise from all of you. I have been so busy, not taking enough pics. I need to. We had a very fun fourth of July and a great vacation. My mom is coming to visit in a couple of weeks and then in August our 10 year anniversary! I swear I will post some pics soon. Boadie is getting so BIG!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.