Lou Lou sitting and spinning

Sargesmom

Mar 7, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Boy, Sarge and Splat (Lou Lou)
Lou Lou is sitting and spinning around and around....I checked everything downstairs and didnt see anything....does any of yalls females do this ??? Im really worried about this cuz she seems not to able to settle....I dont know what to do or what to put on it if there is anything for me to put something on....he bottom is not red....she is not in heat....I just dont know what to do for her.....HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :detective:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
My guess would be anal glands too. Some bullies need them done monthly.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When Bea spins (we call it "break dancing"), it's allllll about the tail pocket. She's never had her anal glands expressed -- or needed to. When she takes a crap it's a theatrical performance of great effort, grunts and groans, producing hard, firm little poops regardless of how much water she drinks or soft foods she eats. She gets her tail pocket cleaned daily.

Bo rarely spins; but when he does it is always that little area underneath his tail that requires attention. It was the same on my Mable too. He has a long, straight tail that lies pretty flat against his anus. He gets a daily cleaning under the tail area and, if needed, a bit of cream applied in the "taint" (taint tail, taint butt-hole). He will hold still for this procedure and follow me into the laundry room - where all the dog stuff is -- in response to this question: "Do you need some medicine on your tail?" It must be a great relief to him for him to stand still for this daily procedure. (We're already wiping wrinkles and cleaning tail pockets on Bea so what's one more procedure, right?)

My first bullie, Mable had the same issue. I took her to the vet, thinking that it was the anal glands but was told that her manner of pooping involves enough effort that having them expressed manually wasn't necessary. (So far, Bo's not needed to have his done either) That little area underneath Mable's tail was inflamed and raw. I was a new bully owner and didn't know! How horrible that must have been for her! I was "on it" with the tail care after that. :yes:

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Yep..Bubba does this too sometimes. I put a little witch hazel on a baby wipe and ohhh the relief! He loves it done!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I agree with the others ...something tail pocket or anal glands is causing discomfort that's causing the behavior....check them both to be safe....hope she feels some relief soon....

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver does this occassionally, but his is neither tail pocket or anal glands, just itchy allergies.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Also check her vulva folds, they may be itchy too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
yep Duke does this and he is a male.. we have a ritual.. he spins.. I say "Duke you need mommie to clean your butt":ashamed:.. he runs to the kitchen sits on the carpet and I get the baby wipes out.. I wipe twice with the wipe and then once with a soft tissue to dry.. this usually does the trick.. ( Duke suffers with allergies also ) not sure if your bully has any other symptoms like kicking paws, scratching or if it is just the butt spins??:cry:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
yep Duke does this and he is a male.. we have a ritual.. he spins.. I say "Duke you need mommie to clean your butt":ashamed:.. he runs to the kitchen sits on the carpet and I get the baby wipes out.. I wipe twice with the wipe and then once with a soft tissue to dry.. this usually does the trick.. ( Duke suffers with allergies also ) not sure if your bully has any other symptoms like kicking paws, scratching or if it is just the butt spins??:cry:

So funny how he understands what you're asking. :lol:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver doesn't chew on his paws or excessively scratch, he just spins occasionally and has watery eyes

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks does this a lot too.... tail pocket or her 'girl' is itchy. Also, one time it was an infection on the top of her tail... damn yeast! :angry:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.