Ears

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I hope im posting this in the right spot! Hi everyone! I am getting my home ready for Lola that comes home in 19 days! I have a shopping list started and I was wondering what are some of the things that are a must? Also what is everyone using to clean out ears? I need any advise you got on how to make the first few puppy weeks easier! Thanks everyone!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use malecetic otic ear and skin cleanser. Good for wrinkles too :up:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Baby wipes (fragrance free) for sensitive skin are good to have on hand for cleaning folds/tail pockets too for daily maintenance. Our vet gave us epiotic ear cleaning solution. A nice oatmeal based/moisurizing shampoo is good for a puppy as well. I know it's not cleaning related but stainless steel water/food dishes are a must for this breed. :) I think there is a list or two posted either in a forum as an article that have just a ton of good info. on preparing for a new bulldog puppy. Maybe someone can put the link out for you or you can do a search too i'm sure.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] For ears I use TrizULtra + Keto on a regular cleaning basis then I use Zymox for when Bruin is trying to itch his ears on everything. As for a "puppy tip" I have to say Bruin and Lilly really liked the crate. They felt safe. Well, Lilly may have just liked Bruin so therefore liked the crate :) She loooved laying in there with him. I had to eventually take it away b/c they kept trying to squish in there with each other
brulil7.jpg

Last edited:
OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ohhhhhh such a cute pic! I bought a crate and have a bed in it, it also came with a devider so make it smaller while they are a puppy so have that all set up and im hoping she likes it! Im putting her in there from the start! Also what vitamins do you use? My breeder like nuvet but havent heard anything about it from other people and it seems hard to find you can only order it from their website. Thanks for your help!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I ordered Avoderm oatmil shampoo and the conditoner, I got ceramic bowls, and can baby wipes be used on the ear too or is it better to get the wipes made for the ear? Also has anyone used a good tear stain remover? I have seen angel eyes and also wipes made for tear stains but dont know whats good to use. Also i have read about putting cottage cheese once a day into the food while they are puppies anyone doing this?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Ohhhhhh such a cute pic! I bought a crate and have a bed in it, it also came with a devider so make it smaller while they are a puppy so have that all set up and im hoping she likes it! Im putting her in there from the start! Also what vitamins do you use? My breeder like nuvet but havent heard anything about it from other people and it seems hard to find you can only order it from their website. Thanks for your help!

I've never given them vitamins/supplements, but I know several bullies around here do take some, especially fish oil. I've been kicking that idea around in my head...I might start including it, as Bruin's coat could use some oomph. Someone will come along and suggest some supplements :)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we gave lola cottage cheese every morning, and olive oil at night when she was a pup. we just use tissues for the ears, she had a lot of wax as a puppy but it never smelled like yeast or anything. now i clean them once a month.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
How much cottage cheese and olive oil did you give her?

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
We started Oliver on a teaspoon of yogurt, dolloped right into his food once a day. It's good for them and they love it.
He also started a multivitamin when he reached 6 months.
Crate training is VERY helpful. Oliver still uses his crate for naps and if he's afraid of something, like thunder or a mop. Ha!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use nuvet on all pups, just half tablet until they are 16 weeks and give them to my adults every few days. Also salmon oil is a big thumbs up!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Did you notice any changes when given the nuvet?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Thanks for the link I saved it in favs! I ordered MalAcetic Otic earlier today along with a puppy kong and the puppy nylabone starter kit that has 3 different bones in it. Also can the MalAcetic Otic be used on wrinkles and their ropes?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.