UTI or normal thing?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby is in heat. I've never gone through this before so I don't know if this is normal or part of her disease. She is peeing a lot, well... not really peeing but she thinks she has to. She tries and nothing comes out (or a few drops)

My neighbor tells me that this is part of having her cycle but I'm not sure. Could it be a UTI? It could also be her kidneys so I've made a doctors appt for her but I'm wondering if I should be worried or not.

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy does that too all the time when she's in season. I think she just likes to squeze a drop out here and there so all the boys can catch her scent...little hussy that she is :ROFL:
in Abbys case though I think it best to er on the side of caution :hug:

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm not SO stressed out about it anymore. Thanks :whew:

As much as I hate to take away her dignity by bringing her outside in her Dora the Explorer pullup and suspenders, we are going to the vet this afternoon just to be sure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm not SO stressed out about it anymore. Thanks :whew:

As much as I hate to take away her dignity by bringing her outside in her Dora the Explorer pullup and suspenders, we are going to the vet this afternoon just to be sure.

how is sweetie-head?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was going to agree with the others but glad you took her in to be sure. How'd it go?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry it took so long to update this... we had some really good news last night and I got caught up in the party :)

Abbys urine test was normal (abby-normal that is). No infection AND her specific gravity is improving. Not a lot, but enough to stop worrying about urine production for a while :whew:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry it took so long to update this... we had some really good news last night and I got caught up in the party :)

Abbys urine test was normal (abby-normal that is). No infection AND her specific gravity is improving. Not a lot, but enough to stop worrying about urine production for a while :whew:

:jumping: :jump: :happydance: :dancing:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.