Bad breath!

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Hi everyone!
So we've been noticing lately that Tonka has baaaad breath. I figured it was because he is teething right now (all his front teeth are gone and adults have come in, and as of yesterday just lost all of his "fangs"). I know the smell of blood and it is definitely in there. Anywho I was just wondering if any of you remember a bad breath phase of teething or if you think it's something else. We did just transition him to the Grain free Salmon TOTW. Thanks!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's probably just a combination of both the transition and the teething. If he's not throwing up , he probably doesn't have a sour stomach then , give it some time and keep checking. they do make dog toothpaste you could do his mouth with.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree ... it is the teething, Banks' was horrible during that time

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Thank you for easing my mind :) we will keep an eye on it. He's getting neutered at the end of he month so I may ask them to take a look at his teeth then. Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for easing my mind :) we will keep an eye on it. He's getting neutered at the end of he month so I may ask them to take a look at his teeth then. Thanks!

Ask your vet, but most will remove any remaining baby teeth during the surgery

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.