Omg i need help.... poopy help

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh no they are mixed but I decided just one cup twice a day was not enough. So I up his food to two cups twice a day. I gradually added his new. Now he seems to be not crazy hungry as if he were starving like before. Next week it'll change again to 1 1/4 cup new and 3/4 old.. I've also noticed my older dog loves the wet brand better than the dry he must think its a Special Treat!!!
im afraid if you keep feeding this much food you are going to have a very big dog in your future. bullies are the king of acting like they are hungry. how old is your pup?

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
He's about a year and a half the previous owner did not have an exact age she had said six months but he's definitely older than that, per a vet but no more than 2yrs old! The package say anywhere from 2 1/4 to 3 cups a day he weighs 55lbs and has been maintaining the same weight for a month now. His stools are solid no more diarrhea and no soft stools and he hasn't made any accidents since

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
He's about a year and a half the previous owner did not have an exact age she had said six months but he's definitely older than that, per a vet but no more than 2yrs old! The package say anywhere from 2 1/4 to 3 cups a day he weighs 55lbs and has been maintaining the same weight for a month now. His stools are solid no more diarrhea and no soft stools and he hasn't made any accidents since
ok just keep an eye on it cause 4 cups a day is alot of food. sarah got not even 2 cups a day when she ate kibble. im glad hes better now. :)

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
His original owners were actually feeding him table food and became overweight so he's loss some weight before we got him. And we take him on a walk every other day and a jog (more of a light shuffle cuz I'm outta shape lol) couple times a week. We do our exercise at night between 8-9 when the sidewalk has cooled down since we live in AZ

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
My two biggest boys are 60+ pounds and they only get two cups a day and they do fine on that amount. One of mine is the same age as yours and the other one is 8 months but he weighs about the same and he still only gets two cups a day. My other one is smaller, 41 pounds and eats about 1 1/2 cups a day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.