Omg i need help.... poopy help

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Ok so Gator is crate trained house trained. My other dog spot is house trained but never crated... Alllll of a sudden now Gator is pooping all over his crate during the day while we are gone... We did switch his food slowly from beneful to blue buffalo but it seems he only poops and not just once like at least 3-4 dumps... Anyone have any ideas or suggestions Please help I hate coming home to clean poop and wash bedding all the time

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: Boy I can't blame you a bit! I'm wondering if you might be feeding him too much? The new food is much richer than :barf: Beneful! So you feed less. Obviously, the food change has started this so either the food isn't agreeing with him or too much food? If it was not agreeing with him, I think he would have runny poo. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
How much are you feeding? I would maybe cut back depending on how much your feeding...It could also be it doesnt agree with him..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What is the consistency of the poop?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I feed him 1/2 cup of new food and full cup of beneful, have been doin that for a week prior it was 1full cup.beneful and 1/4 cup new food.. the first week he waa fine wouldn't poop in his crate. Now this week he's been dumping it started semi solid (solid enough to pick up easily) now its lil more squishy I only free him twice a day and always let him out for 20mins before bringing him back in, he's also peeing on my concrete... Should I keep giving beneful and go back to 1/4 cup of bb?? I boyfriend hin the grain free brand, could he possibly be on the wrong one?

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It seems like you may be feeding too much. As you increase the new food, you need to decrease the old food the same amount. If the problem doesn't get better, then I suggest you go back to 1/4 new as it was when he was doing well. If the problem continues after that, then you may need to try different food. Good luck. It can be trying, but so worth it when you find the best food for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes...you for sure are over feeding. You don't increase the total amount of food. If you have always fed a cup each feeding..then you start with 3/4 cup old food with 1/4 new food...for 3 days///then 1/2 old with 1/2 new for 3 days/// then 3/4 new with 1/4 old for 3 days/// then all new... 1 cup twice a day...right?

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes...you for sure are over feeding. You don't increase the total amount of food. If you have always fed a cup each feeding..then you start with 3/4 cup old food with 1/4 new food...for 3 days///then 1/2 old with 1/2 new for 3 days/// then 3/4 new with 1/4 old for 3 days/// then all new... 1 cup twice a day...right?
Great advice I'll go back to 1/4 new and do 3/4 old hopefully that'll help him and me too!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes dont forget 1/4 c of the good food is about equal to 1/2 cup of beneful.... So while switching you should also be decreasing the amount of kibble you are giving. Hope this helps! Keep us posted :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Dont forget when you wash his bedding, and wipe down his kennel with an Enzyme based product... give the puppy a good bath ! cause if he smells like #2 it will make it harder for him to separate 'My Den' for 'My Potty area' But I too agree, probably over feeding him. Maybe feed him earlier in the morning and give him more time than just 20 mins to do his business? I let Hershey 'Perculate' for about 20-30 minutes then put him out to do his business

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How is the Gator boy doing?

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He i doin great! He is on a diff food now but still from blue... Doing much better we do 1cup old food and 1 cup new food this week so far so good!! And he's doin better when we feed him by waiting until we say "Gator eat" So I'm very proud of him and myself for showing who's pack leader!!!! Lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He i doin great! He is on a diff food now but still from blue... Doing much better we do 1cup old food and 1 cup new food this week so far so good!! And he's doin better when we feed him by waiting until we say "Gator eat" So I'm very proud of him and myself for showing who's pack leader!!!! Lol

Im glad he's doing better! But I'm wondering..you are mixing the old and new together right? So if he's on 2 cups a day..he gets 1 cup (half old..half new) in am and pm..right?? It sounded like you gave 1 cup old and 1 cup new..separate..that would be not correct!

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh no they are mixed but I decided just one cup twice a day was not enough. So I up his food to two cups twice a day. I gradually added his new. Now he seems to be not crazy hungry as if he were starving like before. Next week it'll change again to 1 1/4 cup new and 3/4 old.. I've also noticed my older dog loves the wet brand better than the dry he must think its a Special Treat!!!

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Blue Buffalo is a VERY rich food. In fact, we had to take Oliver off of it because it was causing extremely soft stool and more frequent poops. Two cups twice a day - - so four cups of food total for the day?? That seems like quite a bit of food. How much does he weigh and how old is he?? Check the package for recommended amounts. If he seems hungry in between feedings, you can break his portions down and create an additional feeding, or supplement with something healthy in between meals. Four cups of food sounds like quite a lot....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.