Thread: Omg i need help.... poopy help

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Omg i need help.... poopy help

Quote Originally Posted by lakermarie View Post
    He i doin great! He is on a diff food now but still from blue... Doing much better we do 1cup old food and 1 cup new food this week so far so good!! And he's doin better when we feed him by waiting until we say "Gator eat" So I'm very proud of him and myself for showing who's pack leader!!!! Lol

Im glad he's doing better! But I'm wondering..you are mixing the old and new together right? So if he's on 2 cups a day..he gets 1 cup (half old..half new) in am and pm..right?? It sounded like you gave 1 cup old and 1 cup new..separate..that would be not correct!

Real Name
    Crystal
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
    Likes (Received)

Oh no they are mixed but I decided just one cup twice a day was not enough. So I up his food to two cups twice a day. I gradually added his new. Now he seems to be not crazy hungry as if he were starving like before. Next week it'll change again to 1 1/4 cup new and 3/4 old.. I've also noticed my older dog loves the wet brand better than the dry he must think its a Special Treat!!!
    Your has never been touched.... Until a Bully enters your World.....

Drool Catcher AdventuresWithOliver's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherri
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Blue Buffalo is a VERY rich food. In fact, we had to take Oliver off of it because it was causing extremely soft stool and more frequent poops. Two cups twice a day - - so four cups of food total for the day?? That seems like quite a bit of food. How much does he weigh and how old is he?? Check the package for recommended amounts. If he seems hungry in between feedings, you can break his portions down and create an additional feeding, or supplement with something healthy in between meals. Four cups of food sounds like quite a lot....
    Life is always an Adventure with Oliver!
    http://adventureswitholiver.tumblr.com/

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Oh no they are mixed but I decided just one cup twice a day was not enough. So I up his food to two cups twice a day. I gradually added his new. Now he seems to be not crazy hungry as if he were starving like before. Next week it'll change again to 1 1/4 cup new and 3/4 old.. I've also noticed my older dog loves the wet brand better than the dry he must think its a Special Treat!!!
    im afraid if you keep feeding this much food you are going to have a very big dog in your future. bullies are the king of acting like they are hungry. how old is your pup?

Real Name
    Crystal
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

He's about a year and a half the previous owner did not have an exact age she had said six months but he's definitely older than that, per a vet but no more than 2yrs old! The package say anywhere from 2 1/4 to 3 cups a day he weighs 55lbs and has been maintaining the same weight for a month now. His stools are solid no more diarrhea and no soft stools and he hasn't made any accidents since

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

He's about a year and a half the previous owner did not have an exact age she had said six months but he's definitely older than that, per a vet but no more than 2yrs old! The package say anywhere from 2 1/4 to 3 cups a day he weighs 55lbs and has been maintaining the same weight for a month now. His stools are solid no more diarrhea and no soft stools and he hasn't made any accidents since
    ok just keep an eye on it cause 4 cups a day is alot of food. sarah got not even 2 cups a day when she ate kibble. im glad hes better now.

Real Name
    Crystal
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

His original owners were actually feeding him table food and became overweight so he's loss some weight before we got him. And we take him on a walk every other day and a jog (more of a light shuffle cuz I'm outta shape lol) couple times a week. We do our exercise at night between 8-9 when the sidewalk has cooled down since we live in AZ

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

My two biggest boys are 60+ pounds and they only get two cups a day and they do fine on that amount. One of mine is the same age as yours and the other one is 8 months but he weighs about the same and he still only gets two cups a day. My other one is smaller, 41 pounds and eats about 1 1/2 cups a day.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads