Ok so I got Bubba's allergy tests back today!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
It appears that most of his allergies are from grasses,trees, and weeds. So, I guess he won't be skipping around the mulberry bush or taking shade under a palm or willow tree down here! I found out that switching him from the lamb and rice formula was a good thing! He is allergic to lamb! He's a little backasward, but I already knew that! ha ha. He is not allergic to chicken or duck, but allegic to salmon. I guess no more grizzly salmon oil for him! I guess I did a good thing switching him to the Fromm beef frittata but hold on...not so fast! He is allergic to peas! Really? peas?! Peas are on most dog foods! Thankfully Fromm has the chicken a la veg and duck that he doesn't apprear to be allergic too! Oh..he is also allergic to dust mites! S#*t! Guess I need to clean more often! lol!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Yep join the allergy club n pea allergy club. Sarah is allergic to peas to n most food is using them now. It's amazing once u get the test back n then some things make sense. Sarah is doing so much better now I had here done. There are other oils besides salmon. Keep us updated on Mr fat butt. Lol

L

Lucy-licious

LOL at Mr Fatbutt [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] :ROFL:
Sux on thr environmental allergies they're the hardest to solve. But now you have the answers the problem will be easier to solve :hug:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
okay, so did you guys do the hair test? This all interesting.

One thing and I had to have a medical Friend of mine tell me this. My Abby is actually doing great with her allergies. I guess the older they get, the weaker their immune system, so they don't produce the antibodies from allergies. So that is why people "out grow" allergies. I thought this was interesting. Abby has been doing awesome lately.

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Hmm..interesting [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] Hope that is the case with Bubbs! He doesnt show much symptoms really...just occasional little bumps and itchy paws. Has anyone ever gone through the allergy shots?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hmm..interesting @Bella'sMom Hope that is the case with Bubbs! He doesnt show much symptoms really...just occasional little bumps and itchy paws. Has anyone ever gone through the allergy shots?

We did them for Nitschke for about 2 years... really did not see any real difference so we stopped them

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
:angel: versus. :evil: I'm at war with myself! Who will win?? Not Texas ninja bacon star tattoo pantless sumpin! :LMAO:

I know I wouldn't bet against you :ROFL:

I'd be too scared :scared: I wouldn't want to get :bitchslap:

Back on topic..

I'm getting Abby's hair tested next week. I can't wait to see the results. If she's allergic to sweet potato we're in deep :poo:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I know I wouldn't bet against you :ROFL:

I'd be too scared :scared: I wouldn't want to get :bitchslap:

Back on topic..

I'm getting Abby's hair tested next week. I can't wait to see the results. If she's allergic to sweet potato we're in deep :poo:

Ooooh...I'll be waiting for that result! Poor Baby.....she needs a break! Mommy too!

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
[MENTION=2308]bubbaisapig[/MENTION] we started the allergy shots recently. I know they work really well for about 65% of dogs and then kind of help for another 15%. That's what our vet told us so I am hoping time will tell and we will see some relief for him. I'll keep you all posted but we just started! Tonka is allergic to dust mites and plain old dust and the dust created from decomposing insects and the dust that's in food from packaging it! I feel ya on what a pain that is...I HATE dusting...i'm allergic to it myself so I sneeze when I clean...yuck! Did your test results come from the hair test? We have done the blood test and the skin test so far.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.