Lump on Emmits side

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hey y'all well as some of y'all know Emmitt had démodéx he just got over it like 2 wks ago.. Well this lump just showed up on his side. It's hard and it kinda looks scabby I thought it was a bite but not sure now since its been there for a while. He hasn't gotten shots so it's not that. Does anyone have an idea?! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341091348.464382.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks like a hotspot to me.... is it moist/ooozie? If yes, shave it down and clean it with regular Listerine and keep it dry

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
No it's dry like really dry. No oozing or moist at all. It's like the lump is under the skin a hard circle lump.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
geez im not sure bout this one. a skin infection maybe? maybe tag lisa she might know this one.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It could also be a histiocytoma, and if it is dry could it have been moist oozy and dried out? I am leaning more toward hotspot but could certainly be a histiocytoma. If it is a histiocytoma you will probably want it biopsied to be sure it is not cancerous, but if it is non cancerous (most are) it can take months for it to go away.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hard to tell by the pic but it may be an access. Is it getting bigger?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No it's dry like really dry. No oozing or moist at all. It's like the lump is under the skin a hard circle lump.

as Lisa said.... has it always been dry? If yes, get a vet appointment to have it checked out.

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ok yea it hasn't ever been moist just dry, no I think it's staying the same size. I will def make a apt to make sure it's nothing serious. Thx y'all for all the info!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Ok yea it hasn't ever been moist just dry, no I think it's staying the same size. I will def make a apt to make sure it's nothing serious. Thx y'all for all the info!
be sure to keep us updated as to what it is. will be thinking good thoughts

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
010.jpg006.jpg

this happened to Griz last year, we had it removed, it was not cancer, everything grew back just fine, but it sure was ugly.

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
It could also be a histiocytoma, and if it is dry could it have been moist oozy and dried out? I am leaning more toward hotspot but could certainly be a histiocytoma. If it is a histiocytoma you will probably want it biopsied to be sure it is not cancerous, but if it is non cancerous (most are) it can take months for it to go away.

So I brought Emmitt to the vet and yes it was histiocytoma and thank god it was benign!! So it didn't need to be removed and will go away!!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So I brought Emmitt to the vet and yes it was histiocytoma and thank god it was benign!! So it didn't need to be removed and will go away!!!

WOW.... so happy it all turned out well. So, what is the treatment, anything?

Excellent call Lisa --- [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.