HELP!! Dr?

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I woke up to spunky throwing up in her cage, and when I went to clean it I noticed she had done it twice. She's been doing this a little too often to be normal...but her energy level has not suffered and she acts normal afterwords.

My question is, should I take her to the doctor before the weekend? Or will that be a waist of money if they don't tell us anything....but to give her pepto or something.

Any advise ?!?!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is the throw up yellow with bile? If so her tummy is probably empty. Try giving just a little kibble before bed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Yes, and sometimes more clear. Other times shes done it has been at random times between feedings though.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Does she scarf down her food? Maybe also try a slow feed bowl so she doesn't swallow as much air when eating...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Yeah she inhales her food!

We've also been feeding her green grapes for snack, only like two or three at a time twice a day maybe? I'm not sure If thats a problem too.

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
I woul also try a slow food bowl and do not give grapes, they are toxic to dogs. Hope your baby feels better.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
dont feel bad, I never knew this growing up and fed our pup grapes all the time. Now I kick myself but he was a 100 pound newfie so maybe thats why it didnt phase him. I would stop the grapes and see if that helps. Any other fruit is ok aside from grapes or raisins.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Omg thank you for this information. I feel horrible I didn't know that :( my poor baby :(

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Omg thank you for this information. I feel horrible I didn't know that :( my poor baby :(

Don't feel too bad. Odds are you didn't do her any harm with the few grapes she has been given. The toxicity from things like grapes, raisins, garlic and onions are either built up over a long period of time or from eating a lot of them at once. As long as she is healthy, her body will filter out what little toxin she has ingested. So lose the guilt :) BUT... no more grapes :nonono:

The slow feed bowl is a great idea, so is a snack before bed so her stomach doesn't stay empty for too long. Sometimes small so that she doesn't have to go to the bathroom during the night. A couple pieces of fruit, a small vegetable salad... something like that. You might also want to feed her several smaller meals throughout the day if possible. I'm a huge believer in a tsp of slippery elm in some apple sauce or yogurt before bedtime. It coats the entire digestive system from throat to intestines and soothes whatever might be irritating her. Abby never goes to bed without it.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] thanks so much for the encouragement...I felt so bad
I almost cried!!! I know that's dramatic but she's our baby :)

Ok, I'm going to get her a slow feed bowl, and also give her a night time snack so hopefully her stomach will get back to normal. Thank you everyone, you saved me a trip to the doctor! (which is a 40 minute drive).

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Keep us posted, but I think she will be much better now!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
@Twice thanks so much for the encouragement...I felt so bad
I almost cried!!! I know that's dramatic but she's our baby :)

Ok, I'm going to get her a slow feed bowl, and also give her a night time snack so hopefully her stomach will get back to normal. Thank you everyone, you saved me a trip to the doctor! (which is a 40 minute drive).

It's not dramatic at all. Every single one of us here feels the exact same way about our bullies. That's what brought us all together in the first place :)

Please keep us updated on how she feels.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Yeah she inhales her food!

We've also been feeding her green grapes for snack, only like two or three at a time twice a day maybe? I'm not sure If thats a problem too.

I know that RAISINS are a NO NO - I'd check into the grapes! I'm not 100% sure on them -

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I REALLY need to learn to read the ENTIRE Thread :p *slappa slappa* since everyone else mentioned Grapes and Raisins being bad already :p

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.