forgive me if I missed it but did the vet say he had an elongated pallet? They were able to see that Miila needed the surgery just by looking. Actually had 3 diff vets tell me the same thing so I knew for certain it was a problem that should be fixed. Are you planning on fixing zeus? I would talk to the vet and get his opinion and see if it is something they think necessary to do now or can wait until neutering. Even get a 2nd opinion if you arent sure. The surgery I believe is really not much but putting them under is always a concern and minimizing how many times he has to be under is best for him by far.