EMERGENCY!!

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I am freaking out! I just realized Ulysses has pus coming out of what it seems to be a little hole next to his belly button. He seemed fine the whole day and yesterday, just now I tried to hold him and he whined a little,...I don't know what or when could have happened,.... any ideas?? I'm on my way to an emergency vet since its pretty late here already. I'm thinking injury or some sort of bite?? its red around and feels hard, but he doesn't let me check properly...oh God :pray:

L

Lucy-licious

Maybe an abscess or bite of some sort....your doing the right thing heading for the vet, they can clean it and look properly :hug: try to stay calm :hug:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I dont know what that could be...Im thinking maybe abcess??? A bite of some sort?? Good thing you are going to ER Vet that must be scary! I will be thinking of you both :hug: Others will be by also to give better advice :hug:

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Aldo had an abscess like that in exactly the same area.. except it did not leak.. and was smaller than you are describing.. but I'm thinking it could possibly be the same thing.. they drained it and gave him antibiotics.. keep us posted!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
What happened? any word yet?:begging:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, it's an abcess, the vet can drain it and clean it up and maybe give some antibiotics for him. He should be fine.

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
We are back! You were all right it is an abscess, the "little hole" it's actually bigger than we thought and it started leaking a lot of that yellowish liquid + blood. The vet cleaned it as much as she could, because the inflation is apparently really big. She says it looks like a bite, hard to say from what but most probably a tick or some sort of fly. She injected him with antibiotics and put a bandage with a dark red solution that smells like BBQ. He is now wearing a bandage/dress to prevent him from liking it and the bandage to fall. She said it is hard to say whether the insect is out or not, so tomorrow we gotta go back and see how it evolves, if it's not better they gotta open it and see what is inside there. Thank you so much for all the support and the excellent advice. I was so scared, I just hate to think that he is in pain. Love this site!:heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are back! You were all right it is an abscess, the "little hole" it's actually bigger than we thought and it started leaking a lot of that yellowish liquid + blood. The vet cleaned it as much as she could, because the inflation is apparently really big. She says it looks like a bite, hard to say from what but most probably a tick or some sort of fly. She injected him with antibiotics and put a bandage with a dark red solution that smells like BBQ. He is now wearing a bandage/dress to prevent him from liking it and the bandage to fall. She said it is hard to say whether the insect is out or not, so tomorrow we gotta go back and see how it evolves, if it's not better they gotta open it and see what is inside there. Thank you so much for all the support and the excellent advice. I was so scared, I just hate to think that he is in pain. Love this site!:heart:

Glad he is on the mend... keep us posted after the visit tomorrow

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh good, hope by tomorrow it is looking much better and no more needs to be done. What I love most about Ebn is all the great help and knowledge everyone shares. :D :up:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope it heals quickly now. Keep us posted please.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm sorry I'm late to this ... but you did the right thing taking him in, and I just hope that tomorrow you find that whatever bit him is out of there!!!! Poor baby.... :cry:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I think a good rule of thumb is this: if it's coming out of an orifice and doesn't belong there, time to go to the vet. :yes: Bea had hernia surgery when she got spayed and then had an allergic reaction to the sutures! That was another fun, puss filled good time. Some antibiotics and she was quickly on the mend.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
What a roller coaster of a day! Glad you got some answers and meds. I've never had a pus filled thing like that except on my spayed kitten.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.