Not walking not eating not drinking

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm so sorry .. and hope that this works for you. It is a very tough decision to make, I know. I won't say any more because if I start talking about Maggie I always get carried away and this will become an essay. It's four weeks today since we lost our Maggie.

I know how much you and Butler worship each other ... if you need me I'm here.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am so sorry, sheila!! I use Gabapentin on my psych patients as a mood Stabilizer as well as neuropathy. I heart goes out to you and know you will make the best decision for both of you

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I gave butler the gabapentin last night as soon as I got home. After a couple hours he started wanting to walk. So he struggled to move around and I helped him. He wanted so bad to be my shadow like usual. I made him sit still though. Then I was eating and he was SUPER interested! So I fed him and gave him water. I had him diapered up so he could pee without going outside. We went to bed and I woke him up this mining and he didn't pee his diaper. So I took him outside and he peed and pooped on his own! We have a dr appointment tomorrow. :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh that's great news. So happy to hear that his spirit's up and he's enthusiastic about everything. :hug:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
OMG, that's fan-freakin-tastic!!!!:jumping:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is wonderful news [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] I hope it continues to show improvement!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sheila..that's so great! Tell me what his dosage is! So he must be in pain..which the Gabapentin will mask..in fact..his brain can't feel the pain right now..weird isn't it? I so hope he continues improving! Just remember..this won't cure him..nothing really will..but my Ana was on this and pain free for years. Keeping the right dose in his system will be key! I'm so happy for Butler and for you. :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oooh my gosh I am so glad! Bet it did your heart good to see this. I Hope this keeps him going for a long time!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This is great news!! I'm so happy for Butler :)
I hope he will continue to recover...please keep us posted on his progress and what the vet has to say at tomorrow's appt.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's great news, I'm glad its working for him. Please keep us posted on his progress and what the vet says.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online