Not walking not eating not drinking

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I agree with everyone, when it's time you'll know. We're here for you Sheila no matter what your decision is. I know you love Butler a great deal and whatever you feel in your heart is best will be right :hug:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I am praying for you and sweet Butler. You will know when its time and we are always here for you! Please give him kisses and hugs from us :heart:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm so sorry this is happening. I know how hard it is to watch your baby suffer. There will be no judgment here just open arms for you.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry to hear this, and that decision is never an easy one, but you will know in your heart it is the best thing for him when the time comes. We will keep him in our prayers, so give him a kiss from us.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
what a hard decision Sheila, you know Butler best and you know when his time comes. I send you a big hug, Butler loves you and trusts you.. whatever you decide we are here for you!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sheila, I'm so sorry to hear this about Butler. It's really heartbreaking. When I first joined EBN, you and Butler were one of the first members i got to get to know on this site. Butler and you are in my thoughts and in my prayers. Please keep us posted, and like many here have said, we are here for you.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
My heart aches for you and I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'll be praying for you and Butler.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
He's miserable guys. I would make a video of him but it would break your hearts. I feel at this point if I treat him, it's more to keep him around for my sake. This hurts so much worse than anything I've ever felt in my life. I wish it were me instead of him.
Oh dear Sheila!! I'm so so sorry for Butler and you. :cry: One of the hardest decision I've been faced with this year was putting my best friend and Snugglebun Ace down. I made the decision a full week before his time to go to Rainbow Bridge. While it nearly broke my heart into pieces during that week knowing what was to come, it also warmed my heart as I had the time to spend with him. It was the best case scenario in a time of pain. I was able to let him go with peace and love! I was there with him and he was in my arms. We're all here for you and Butler. :hug: :hug:

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
Picking up some gabapentin after work; please pray that this will help.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I really hope the Gabapentin works. Just a reminder you can get pet meds at costco. I should say meds for your pets. Costco is so cheap on these types of meds. You don't even have to be a costco member to buy your drugs at costco. But if you are a member you get an additional member discount when you signed up for the costco member prescription program. Prayers for sweet butler.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Picking up some gabapentin after work; please pray that this will help.

I'm glad you are giving this one a try. Just keep in mind that when gabapentin is used in us humans, it can take some time for it to work, sometimes 1 week, sometimes longer. I'm not sure w/canines...but just know it may not be an overnight thing.
Lots of prayers to Butler!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will keep our fingers crossed this works for sweet Butler. Keeping him in our prayers.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@shelia -- how terribly freighting --- positive thought and prayers to you and you Butler.

Becky is right, banks is on Gabapentin for fused disc in her spine also know as 'butterfly disc'. We give her 2 a day when we see her struggling, but for the most part she gets one every other day. we also have her getting Laser Therapy once a month, which stimulates the cells and bllod flow to the area and lessen the inflammation and pain. Ask your vet about these options and see if they will help your boy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.