My Bully Is vomiting

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
So my Rocky got up this morning, ate his breakfast no problem, then my hubby started to play with him and he vomited, we thought was maybe bc we were playing tough with him after eating, but he ate his lunch an did it again :(. The only new thing I have gave him its this treats I got from my natural Pawz store. He is active and drinking water, but he's not keeping his food down :( what could it be? Maybe the treats??? Help please!!!!:( by the way he's only 4 months!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ok...my first thought is he is eating too quickly. That's very common for Bully's and will cause them to vomit and it can be helped by slowing down how fast they eat. They swallow too much air when they gulp their food and the air causes the food to come back up. It can also lead to bloat and that's very serious. We got a "slow feed ball" from Amazon for Jakes bowl. There are also actual "slow feed bowls" that put the food in little compartments. This slows the dog down as they eat. I would also stop the new treats for awhile. Try slowing him down..don't play with him right after eating..and if he shows any other signs he is not feeling right, I'd take him to my vet!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Could be the treats... Don't use them again until you get this sorted. Is there anything missing or chewed up? This always happens out of the blue to me and low and behold a few days later they throw up a shred of a blanket or cloth, or stuffing from a toy. Threads from toy ropes, and even once cardboard made it's way out the other side! :eek:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] has givin you some great advice, I would try that first.

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Ok...my first thought is he is eating too quickly. That's very common for Bully's and will cause them to vomit and it can be helped by slowing down how fast they eat. They swallow too much air when they gulp their food and the air causes the food to come back up. It can also lead to bloat and that's very serious. We got a "slow feed ball" from Amazon for Jakes bowl. There are also actual "slow feed bowls" that put the food in little compartments. This slows the dog down as they eat. I would also stop the new treats for awhile. Try slowing him down..don't play with him right after eating..and if he shows any other signs he is not feeling right, I'd take him to my vet!

Thats exactly what I was thinking. He can eat a whole bowl in sec, it's scary lol, because he is active and looks perfectly fine, wow you learn something new about bullies everyday!!! Guess I'll buy one of those bowls and see what happens :) thank you !!

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Could be the treats... Don't use them again until you get this sorted. Is there anything missing or chewed up? This always happens out of the blue to me and low and behold a few days later they throw up a shred of a blanket or cloth, or stuffing from a toy. Threads from toy ropes, and even once cardboard made it's way out the other side! :eek:

I am gonna stop the treats , nothing seems to be missing but you never know!!! I guess if he ate something he'll get better by tomorrow? Hopefully he's just eating too fast!!! Thanks so much!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like what Becky ( [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]) stated...... good luck and keep us posted

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco

I am gonna stop the treats , nothing seems to be missing but you never know!!! I guess if he ate something he'll get better by tomorrow? Hopefully he's just eating too fast!!! Thanks so much!!

Hi - Try the slower feeding to see if he can keep his food down. If he hasn't kept food down for 24 hours - I would call your vet. My vet has told me that if he has thrown up 2 meals (breakfast and dinner). Don't feed my Rocco anything for 24 hours. Then start with a small meal, mix with warm water to soften the food and see if he can keep it down. If he can - do the same thing for dinner. If that goes well - go back to normal feeding amount and schedule. I also give some sweet potato that has some pro-biotics in it. I got it at Petco, and it is sort of a pudding consistency. I mix this in with his food for a couple of days after vomiting or poop problems and it seems to clear it right up! Good luck and keep us posted on your adorable boy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.