again

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
My heart is heavy knowing this is happening to you both. You are not alone we are all shattered by this. I'm praying for you both and I'm sure we can get a miracle for Abby. Never give up and don't mind that nasty neighbor who should be more sympathetic at a time like this. Just because he or she wouldn't fight for Abby doesn't mean you shouldn't keep fighting. You follow your heart and pay no mind to any nay-sayers. Stay strong and do your best to relax so she can be relaxed.

P.S. I'm so glad I didn't wear my contacts today - I'm crying like a baby and they for sure would have rolled up into my eyes.

Sending love to Abby! :heart:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Ouch.............I can feel your pain way down here. I'm sorry for you and your baby..........I wish I could find words to help....but I don't have any. I don't know how I would deal with it anymore except lay on the floor and give her every minute of my time. And handle what ever comes next. :pray:

:cry: Nicely said.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My gawd Bev, hang in there. I agree with the rest, do NOT second guess yourself. Being a mom and knowing our babies well enough to read them is part of that. You know Abby better than anyone ever could, having been thru so much and taking SUCH great care of her. Go with your gut and dont let ANYONE throw you off your game. You will see it in her eyes when she is tired of fighting and I am sure you are NOT too stubborn to see it. You are more in touch with her than most are with their babies. Hoping she improves soon, :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have nothing to add what has already been said by everyone, Abby is alive because of your strength and love for her! Don't doubt it for one second! :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I hope Abby continues to get better! You are such a good bully mama!! You are doing great and don't let anyone talk you into anything...you have made all the right decisions thus far so keep it up. :) Tonka and I are sending all our positive thoughts and hugs to you and Abby!

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
you have her for a reason

Last night my son said it's because both of us have broken backs and we're still kicking lol

I'm not religious but I'll pray to the universe for you.

Gloria

Wow. Thank you :) And if I haven't said it before... welcome to EBN Gloria.

Did the vet give you any digestive enzymes for her pancreas? That is Bella's problem, her pancreas. If they get to that point, let me know. I can get you some a wholesale. Hope this passes real soon.

no enzymes yet, not until new bloodwork comes back.

any updates Bev? how is she today?

I had to come to work today but I've been watching her on the Abbycam all day (verizon home monitoring). Mostly she's sleeping but I did catch her flipping her pillow.

abbycam.JPG

She seems to be uncomfortable today. I gave her pain meds before I left this morning, maybe it isn't working? She is shifting around a whole lot on that pillow. Every time I look at her she is in a different position.

I have my son feeding her a spoonful of chicken and rice every half an hour. I want her to eat but I don't want to overwhelm her system. I want the enzymes she is overproducing to always have something to digest other than her own tissue, hopefully (based on what I've read) that will help the inflammation go down. That's my hope anyway. So far, at these small amounts she has not thrown up yet. She hasn't had diarrhea today but she hasn't gone at all yet either. I hope the rice isn't binding her up too tight.

I feel like all I do lately is thank you guys for your support. :(

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sending positive vibes. BabyGirl flips her pillow all the time. Sometimes she acts like a bulldozer pushing her bedding around. :D

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]...how is Sweety Head today?

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I am just in awe of her spirit and resilience. Her belly is still sensitive to the touch so I KNOW she is still uncomfortable but when I got home last night she ran to me as if I'd been on a year long safari. The tiny hiney started wiggling, she's trying to jump in my lap, throwing her antler in the air so she could chase it around, the barking at the neighbor outside sneezing last night. Abby at full speed!

We are still feeding her a soup spoon at a time, so far she hasn't thrown up (thank God!) but she still has diarrhea. We're doing the subQ's, giving her the meds and hoping it calms down. If she hasn't shown improvement by tomorrow we have to take her to the hospital again only this time I don't think it will matter how much she whines to leave. And to top it off.... IT started this morning!

I watch her and it's inspiring! She is a very sick little girl to begin with. Then it seems she has issue after issue with other body parts breaking down or falling apart and she just wants to play. That's Abbitude! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.