again

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Bev, I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of you. There is not one other person in this whole planet that could have taken better care of sweety-head. You have done miracles by her. Look at what a happy life she has had.. she 99% of her days with you she has been happy and full of abbitude :) I pray that there are many many more happy days for her to spend with her mama. We knew about the pancreatitis from the beginning of her diagnosis.. now, like everything else there are different levels, acute vs chronic.. I am hoping this is a mild pancreatic irritation and that it can heal.. I do think the hormones are throwing everything off as well.. You ARE doing this for you, but ALSO for Abby.. I saw her in that video.. barking (talking) to you, to us, telling us how happy she is to be feeling better.. You will know when she is ready to stop the fight.. nobody knows that little sweetie head better than you.. I am so proud to call you my friend! you are such a fighter and such an inspiration!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh my goodness Bev I am soo sorry! I have nothing but positive thoughts and lots of prayers!You know Sweeite Head better than anyone else so you know whats good for her! I am here if you need anything :hug: You are the BEST Mama that she could EVER HAVE! Remember that! She knows she is your world and it revolves around her! I am praying for you both! Hugs and kisses from us!

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Bev, I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of you. There is not one other person in this whole planet that could have taken better care of sweety-head. You have done miracles by her. Look at what a happy life she has had.. she 99% of her days with you she has been happy and full of abbitude :) I pray that there are many many more happy days for her to spend with her mama. We knew about the pancreatitis from the beginning of her diagnosis.. now, like everything else there are different levels, acute vs chronic.. I am hoping this is a mild pancreatic irritation and that it can heal.. I do think the hormones are throwing everything off as well.. You ARE doing this for you, but ALSO for Abby.. I saw her in that video.. barking (talking) to you, to us, telling us how happy she is to be feeling better.. You will know when she is ready to stop the fight.. nobody knows that little sweetie head better than you.. I am so proud to call you my friend! you are such a fighter and such an inspiration!

Her blood tests indicate that this is acute pancreatitis. I'm not allowed to post links but there is a really good write up about it on whole dog journal. It just confirms everything that all of her doctors warned me about and is pretty much as was explained to me. I was fascinated to learn that treatment used to be 24-48 hour starvation tho. I'm so happy they don't do that anymore. The thought of not giving her food or water kills me especially knowing that her body NEEDS water to keep her minimal kidney function functioning.

I have so many EBN threads to catch up on. I can't do it tonight tho. I think I'm going to take the sweetie head to bed and paint her nails :)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Bev, I am so sorry!! I wish I could be there to hug you while you cry and make you laugh til you pee!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Bev..I'm so very late to this. First of all, you and only you will know when Abby lets YOU know her earthly time is over. Certainly not your neighbor. Take a lot of deep breaths...remember all you've learned and take this latest challenge as just that...A CHALLENGE! One day one of these "challenges" will probably be your final challenge. But for now, for this one realize you have knowledge that you didn't have before. You have courage beyond belief and honestly, your love will lead you where you need to go. I'm sure your neighbor didn't mean to sound the way I take it. And knowing when enough is enough...is truly a very hard thing..but you will know. What I've learned is to tell myself ahead of time..that I'll not cross the line of what I know and what I want. Safely tuck it away and just ask yourself...is this for Abby? Will she benefit? Is she in pain? Make up your own list..Just knowing you have it, will ease your mind.

As far as the injury..our Rottie,Ana came to us off the streets of L.A.. She had lived a tough life, how tough we didn't know until years later when she had extreme back pain. Her X-rays showed multiple fractures along her back..she had been horribly mistreated and even though we weren't responsible, I felt so guilty. I suppose because I had had her for years and didn't know! I felt rage that someone could do this to her and then discard her like trash. But mostly I was in awe..that this sweet girl could love us unconditionally and had ever trusted humans again. Abby, like Ana is living in the moment. For this moment..she knows she is loved beyond belief..and THAT sweet Bev, is the most important thing you do for her. Love her..:hug:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Will pray for your sweetie head. Don't let neighbors make you doubt your intentions. You've given her more time than most would. A day at a time...for now.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
This is the question I asked myself with Annie,people thought that it's only an allergy give antihistamine and all will be fine,I wrestled with myself for a while as to wether I should keep Annie ,but when the chi came to live with us it forced my hand,I loved Annie as you love abbey but sometimes our dogs suffer,being such a hardy breed I never really thought she felt too much pain until my vet said not only is she in physical pain but mental pain also,when do we say enough is enough?,I believe we need to say that when we no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel,when we see our dogs quality of life getting eaten away week after week,you will know what to do if and when the time comes but you will do it out of love for abbey and not for yourself,sometimes we fight for our dogs for our own needs,I was devastated when I made the decision to let Annie go but it's been almost a month now and I look back and realise that I know I did the right thing for her not me,I pray abbey recovers fully she's been through a lot ,you have and are still doing all you can for her and you are wise enough to make your own conclusions ,thinking about you and abbey,Karen x

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry to hear this. Like so many have said you will know in your heart when it's time to have her just there.

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Hi Bev,

I've been following Abby's progress on here and I was very saddened to read this update. I feel for you and just wanted to say hang in there and I hope Abby turns a corner soon. You're doing a great job!! Don't listen to your neighbour, those comments are completely and utterly inappropriate and not what you need right now. I'm not religious but I'll pray to the universe for you.

Gloria

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am so sorry to hear the news. My heart goes out to you. One thing is for certain, Abby wouldn't be here today with out you. She would have never known what a wonderful loving family was. You have made her days so special, no matter how long. She will get through this, I feel it.

Did the vet give you any digestive enzymes for her pancreas? That is Bella's problem, her pancreas. If they get to that point, let me know. I can get you some a wholesale. Hope this passes real soon.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through - Thank God she has you to care for her. Like everyone else here has said, you know her best - just follow your instincts.
Praying for you both.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Poor little thing, hoping everything will get back to normal for you soon!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.