Likes (Received)

Default Re: again

any updates Bev? how is she today?

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

I hope Abby continues to get better! You are such a good bully mama!! You are doing great and don't let anyone talk you into anything...you have made all the right decisions thus far so keep it up. Tonka and I are sending all our positive thoughts and hugs to you and Abby!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AubreysMom View Post
    you have her for a reason
    Last night my son said it's because both of us have broken backs and we're still kicking lol

Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo (aka Bruno) View Post
    I'm not religious but I'll pray to the universe for you.

Gloria
    Wow. Thank you And if I haven't said it before... welcome to EBN Gloria.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    Did the vet give you any digestive enzymes for her pancreas? That is Bella's problem, her pancreas. If they get to that point, let me know. I can get you some a wholesale. Hope this passes real soon.
    no enzymes yet, not until new bloodwork comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by acarabias View Post
    any updates Bev? how is she today?
    I had to come to work today but I've been watching her on the Abbycam all day (verizon home monitoring). Mostly she's sleeping but I did catch her flipping her pillow.

-abbycam-jpg

She seems to be uncomfortable today. I gave her pain meds before I left this morning, maybe it isn't working? She is shifting around a whole lot on that pillow. Every time I look at her she is in a different position.

I have my son feeding her a spoonful of chicken and rice every half an hour. I want her to eat but I don't want to overwhelm her system. I want the enzymes she is overproducing to always have something to digest other than her own tissue, hopefully (based on what I've read) that will help the inflammation go down. That's my hope anyway. So far, at these small amounts she has not thrown up yet. She hasn't had diarrhea today but she hasn't gone at all yet either. I hope the rice isn't binding her up too tight.

I feel like all I do lately is thank you guys for your support.
    Last edited by Twice; 06-26-2012 at 01:01 PM.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Abby and you are in my thoughts.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

I am sure the pancreatitis is making her unconfortable but ahe might also be just hungry or missing you! Keep us posted! I am praying for sweetie head so much!

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Sending positive vibes. BabyGirl flips her pillow all the time. Sometimes she acts like a bulldozer pushing her bedding around.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Lucy-licious

@Twice...how is Sweety Head today?

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am just in awe of her spirit and resilience. Her belly is still sensitive to the touch so I KNOW she is still uncomfortable but when I got home last night she ran to me as if I'd been on a year long safari. The tiny hiney started wiggling, she's trying to jump in my lap, throwing her antler in the air so she could chase it around, the barking at the neighbor outside sneezing last night. Abby at full speed!

We are still feeding her a soup spoon at a time, so far she hasn't thrown up (thank God!) but she still has diarrhea. We're doing the subQ's, giving her the meds and hoping it calms down. If she hasn't shown improvement by tomorrow we have to take her to the hospital again only this time I don't think it will matter how much she whines to leave. And to top it off.... IT started this morning!

I watch her and it's inspiring! She is a very sick little girl to begin with. Then it seems she has issue after issue with other body parts breaking down or falling apart and she just wants to play. That's Abbitude!

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    The Abby is sick again. I rushed her to nuVet this afternoon. She's been throwing up since last night. As soon as I got her out of the car the diarrhea started. No fever, but her stomach is very tender to the touch. nuVet wanted to xray her stomach to make sure she hadn't swallowed anything. What we found took my breath away and I haven't been able to breathe since.

First, the good news is there is no obstruction.

Now, the rest... Pancreatitis has set in. We thought we'd have more time to fight that but we don't. It's here and it could kill her. I wish that was just me being paranoid or exaggerating but it's not. She's on chicken and rice for the next 2 weeks and if she throws up even once I have to rush her to the ER for a couple days of IV fluid therapy. He gave her meds for pain and something for nausea. We are increasing her subQ fluids from 150ml once a day to 100ml 4 times a day. I don't know for how long. I have to teach my mother and son how to do it. Neither of them want to, they're afraid they'll hurt her.

All of her organs are inflamed due to her almost being in season so this complicates things a lot more. Her hormones are throwing her body into a spin. We knew this could happen, not being able to spay her was a risk that could cause some other problems to pop up but we didn't expect it at the same time as her pancreas quit. We don't know if we can get a handle on this.

The xray also showed an old (healed) spinal fracture at T13/14-L1. The disks are also laying on top of each other. This doesn't seem to bother her right now, but it will in the future. If she has a future.

He asked me if I'd ever dropped her, threw her or kicked her. Are you kidding me?!?! If I ever kicked her?!?! I know he had to ask the question but did he have to be so serious about it! She hasn't so much as fallen off the piggy pillow since she's been with me. It had to have happened before she got to me. It taking everything I have to not to go to Queens and knock on every door in the borough until I find out WHO had her before me and WTF they did to her!

I fed her almost 3 hours ago. She hasn't thrown up, diarrhea seems to have stopped. She's snoring peacefully on the couch. I love how she sleeps with her face buried in the pillow

As we were coming back from nuVet this afternoon my neighbor asked me a question that I don't think I have an answer for anymore. Am I doing all of this for her? Or am I doing it for me?
    I just want to reach out and hug you. We are going through our own "torture" with Dublin and I can almost physically feel your pain and frustration. We plan on doing whatever we can for Dubbie and if and when the time comes that we can do no more, we will know and until then we can just do our best as you are. xoxo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads