Battle Coccidia Over

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Oh my! I am so happy that it was something so simple and that they weren't actually sick! Of course, it sucks having had to go through and put them through all that, but I know you are relieved to know they are all fine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY CRAP!!! That is great news, but also concerning as your and your pups were so stressed for all that time.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks everyone, [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], & @Kim Sebastian n Oliver...
My vet is kind of like St. Francis of Assisi....she's old school house-call vet that comes to my house for all routine stuff and has yet to charge me anything....wanted to heal my babies first...a week ago I forced a check on her...
The vet from OSU made the comment that 8 out of 10 vets wouldn't be able to identify this properly and he's going to write an article about it so other vets can be made more aware....lots of learning happening which is always a good thing...
I'm going to write a letter to the company that I get bee pollen from so they are aware of this possibility ...other dog owners giving this supplement and it being falsely identified as Coccidia.....save someone else the ordeal....just so happy it's straightened out and my babies are ok! Woof!

I am so glad to hear this! I will also pass the info on to my vets as well!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
This has left my mouth open. So glad though it's over, everybody's a little wiser and your vet hasn't taken you to the cleaners....

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
That is great news! No more bee pollen for you! lol Now go play with those babies and give extra treats :D and loads of hugs!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
HOLY CRAP!

The "good" side to this --- if there is one -- is that we now have an EXPERT here on the topic! Many folks are going to benefit from your experience, Dr. [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION].

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..this is amazing! Thank goodness you were able to solve this mystery. Your poor doggies..we all hate giving medication..but then to discover it was totally unneeded!! WOW!! On a good note..you taught us all ..your vet learned..the Vet School will help spread the word...BUT most of all...YOUR SWEET DOGS ARE HEALTHY! :clap:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.