Mosquitos

skswhite

Jun 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Boudreau
Hello!

I have a two year old English Bulldog, we got him as a rescue almost three months ago, we are going to be taking him up to the cottage for the first time this coming weekend, and I was wondering about the effects mosquito bites could have on him, is there anything we need to do or buy before we go? Thank-you!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use Sentinel for their heart worm preventative. I have never tried these, but here are some ideas for a natural mosquito repellent. Wiping your dog's fur down with rubbing alcohol, dryer sheets or diluted Avon Skin So Soft bath oil (a favorite of hunters) can repel mosquitoes. Some people recommend a spray made up of white vinegar and water mixed in equal parts, with a single drop of either cedar, lavender or lemon oil added to a quart of the vinegar-water mix. Hope this helps.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I give both mine heartguard 1 time a month since they were puppies...

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Hello!

I have a two year old English Bulldog, we got him as a rescue almost three months ago, we are going to be taking him up to the cottage for the first time this coming weekend, and I was wondering about the effects mosquito bites could have on him, is there anything we need to do or buy before we go? Thank-you!

Dogs can get heartworm from a mosquito bite so be careful especially if you are in a high risk zone.

I use lemon water to keep fleas, ticks and mosquitos away from Abby. So far there's not been a bug on her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.