Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bathing Bullies

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cookie Crumble
    Likes (Received)

Default Bathing Bullies

Hi there .. just some advice please , how often should I bathe Miss Cookie Crumble? I tend to wash her feet every other day in just water because where we go walking is pretty muddy at the min! i noticed today that one of the webs between her toes is a little pink and the fur is matted. Cookie has a really tight corkscrewed tail and i have to be really careful not to get it wet as she ends up with a tail infection. I clean this weekly with wet wipes and make sure its dry. Any good wash products you recommend? thank you xx

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bathing Bullies

I use the Johnsons baby shampoo because then I don't need to worry if anything gets in their eyes. I also have a blueberry vanilla facial wash for their wrinkles. You can get that from Carolina Pet Pantry ... and it smells so good.

I bath mine about once every 3 weeks ... in the summer a bit more often because they seem to get dirty running around the backyard!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I bathe whole Usko when needed and it is not very often. Of course I have to wash his paws usually weekly depending on the weather. It is important to keep the toes dry. I believe that it's not good to wash your dog too often if it's not necessary cause of some skin condition.

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    I bathe whole Usko when needed and it is not very often. Of course I have to wash his paws usually weekly depending on the weather. It is important to keep the toes dry. I believe that it's not good to wash your dog too often if it's not necessary cause of some skin condition.
    Same here, Lucy gets a bath when it's unavoidable....mostly I use unscented baby wipes (huggies pure) and always dry with a paper towel. Some of our members use whitch hazel in hard to get to places like tail pockets because it evaporates so no need to worry about leaving dampness behind.
    When I do bath her I use a lovely oatmeal shampoo I get from Amazon, it leaves her smelling fresh and her coat so soft. You will get lots of advise about baths and cleaning here...some of our members in hotter parts of the US have to wash their babies very often.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My Schultz loves his bath time...so I'm lucky because he likes to get dirty (maybe he gets dirty on purpose so he can get a bath...lol)....we love the Earthbath products and dermagics all-natural soaps....gentle not stripping especially since we get a bath almost 1x a week.....

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

I use John Paul pet by paul mitchel in oatmeal and it comes with a conditioner as well I give Porky a bath lately about once a week because she enjoys digging for bugs n killing ferns at our friends house lol but using the conditioner as well I have noticed she has actually stopped itching n doesn't have dandruff anymore......I think every dog is different one bully may tolerate a bath everyday where as another may get extremely dry skin bathing that frequently no matter what shampoo u use! Porky has a straight tail though so I don't have to worry about her getting her butt wet but she does have "extreme" facial folds lol so I just use a damp washcloth to do her face n wrinkles!! Good luck with cookie she's gorgeous
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I used to bathe the dogs every Sunday no matter what but I've stopped that. Too much scrubbin' can rob the hair and skin of a dog's natural essential oils and that can also cause trouble for our little allergy bombs. I like to try different shampoos - based on the trouble of the moment - and this last bath, they got Duoxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo. (Bea has a yeast issue in her SUPER TIGHT tail pocket and I scrubbed that up good with this shampoo and it is helping) It left their fur bright and soft. I also use the plain ol' oatmeal shampoo and flea shampoo from time to time as I try NOT to put flea stuff on them if I can help it.

I've also used bath time as an activity when the weather is crappy. It's hard "mental" work for them; sitting, staying, holding still, getting in and out of the tub, etc. The reward is getting a towel dry which the LOVE LOVE LOVE. After a quick pee (regardless, they always have to go pee after tub time) they will take a nice long nap!

Here's a good excuse to get out an old pic. They both enjoy the "toweling" part the best. Here's Bea lounging in her towels and Bo getting ready to get scrubbed.

-pb170001-001-jpg

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 That's too darn cute!
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 - great pic! Bathtime buddies
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

I bathe Frank if he got in something smelly or he starts getting very itchy - otherwise I try to abstain. I clean his tail pocket often with witch hazel and Bonds medicated baby powder. I also clean his face wrinkles with blueberry Facial Scrub from Carolina Pet Pantry and then touch up with witch hazel here and there if he is yeasty.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Raven gets a bath maybe once every two weeks. She honestly doesn't get as stinky as my yorkie. I do wipe her girlie bits and bum every day. The bum gets wiped after every poo and the girlie bits at the end of the night. I do wipe her face maybe once a day, depends again on how her face looks. I usually wash her with an oatmeal shampoo or whatever other doggie shampoo I grab. I have about ten bottles of stuff.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Likes (Received)

I give Jackson a bath every 1 to 2 weeks. It depends on how itchy he is or if he's gotten into mud. If it rains I try to give him a bath ASAP b/c he'll smell like wet dog (even after drying him off!) for the rest of the week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads