Thread: Threw up yesterday and now the squishies...advice please

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Threw up yesterday and now the squishies...advice please

@JAKEISGREAT...thanks. I am going to pick up the pumpkin. I looked at their site and didn't see any mention of the interchangeable like I did with the Fromm. I just checked in with the kids and they said her tummy has been under control since. I will see when I take her home and feed her. Definitely adding the pumpking tonight.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Bizzymammabee if its both merrick before grain then their should not be a problem interchanging the food but with bullies and their sensitive tummies its hard to tell how they will react. now your bully could have a sensitivity to chicken. sarah does perfect with beef but give her to much chicken and she gets soft poo. no other symptoms just diarrhea from it. maybe add some rice for a few days and see if it clears up if not chicken might not be for her. keep us updated.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Are you certain the flavors are interchangeable? Not all foods are formulated for rotating flavors. If not..then it's like an entirely new food!!
    She's right. Pet food companies claim this inter-changability (word?) but I don't think it's that simple. Our precious, delicate little flower of a dog has issues with most other things....food switching absolutely makes sense to me. Even inside the same "family", I do a slow switch here and it's still an occasion to celebrate the soft serve poo. *shrugs* Whatchagonnado?

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Her poo firmed up. Now she is pooing twice in a row. First is fairly firm and second is soft serve...yeeesh. She does well with chicken, salmon and now I guess buffalo isn't all that good to her. She has been farting up some stinky ones.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Certainly does sound as if its the food. I would take her off the new flavour completely, put her on the bland diet for a couple of days and then go back to the old flavour. See what happens ..... maybe it is the buffalo that is upsetting her tummy like that!!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Bizzymammabee, how's Raven doing? the bland diet idea then back to the original flavor she was on is a good idea. Hope she's feeling better and no more soft serve poops!

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well this weekend she was good. Nice firm poops. This morning I took her out, first poo was good, then followed up by three additional soft serve poops. Yep you heard it right, three right after that one. Then the poor baby sat on the grass and just looked at me. She whined some and then finally got up and came inside. Maybe fifteen minutes later she took a small squishy poo in the house. I asked the kids if anyone snuck her anything last night and everyone said no. Guess it's all bland for her. My store didn't have the regular all chicken diet. Sucks because I just purchase that bag. Guess my 2 3/4 lb yorkie will be eating buffalo for a long time to come. I felt so bad this morning, she just looked at me and whined. I was pretty much down for the count yesterday sick, wonder if she managed to get into something when someone wasn't looking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads