So worried about Dublin...again

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
It will be a true miracle to have her breathe normally. She has been so unfortunate and just knowing there is hope for her to live a life that is full and fun will mean everything to us. She is the sweetest girl and she fills our hearts with joy and laughter and we just want to return that gift as best we can. As you can imagine we have spent thousands on her prior issues and am terrified to find out what this surgery will cost, but we would do anything for her. it so wonderful to have the support of everyone on EBN. Thank you all.

Miracles DO happen! You have to believe that. The cost of the surgery is what it is. Hopefully they will be kind and offer a discount because of all the other things she has gone through. My neighbors have changed Abby's name to "Lexi". They say it's because I could have bought a Lexus with the money I've spent on her medical care. So I get it. But it will be worth it the first time she fills her lungs and sighs at you.

She WILL be fine. I won't believe anything else and don't you either :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It will be a true miracle to have her breathe normally. She has been so unfortunate and just knowing there is hope for her to live a life that is full and fun will mean everything to us. She is the sweetest girl and she fills our hearts with joy and laughter and we just want to return that gift as best we can. As you can imagine we have spent thousands on her prior issues and am terrified to find out what this surgery will cost, but we would do anything for her. it so wonderful to have the support of everyone on EBN. Thank you all.

If the swelling is due to the first surgery ask the vet about discount or no cost.... the worse they will do is say no.!!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs!

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Miracles DO happen! You have to believe that. The cost of the surgery is what it is. Hopefully they will be kind and offer a discount because of all the other things she has gone through. My neighbors have changed Abby's name to "Lexi". They say it's because I could have bought a Lexus with the money I've spent on her medical care. So I get it. But it will be worth it the first time she fills her lungs and sighs at you.

She WILL be fine. I won't believe anything else and don't you either :hug:

She will have her surgery on the 10th It will be done by Dr Kirsch who is a Surgeon. spoke with him yesterday and he explained that it is very risky but without it she will slowy suffrocate and die. He wanted to do it sooner but he will be away with the 4th of July in the middle. He wants to be here for a full weak so he can monitor her. Depending on how things go the surgery will cost as "little" as 2,000 and as much as 5,000. Don't know how we will find that money but we will. This is not an option. She is pumped up with steroids until then. They are a life saver but oh! how I hate the side effects. The waiting and worrying is awful but I know I have my EBN friends for support and that means a great deal :-)

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Hang in there, this will be the answer for her. :*( Poor baby. :hug:

Thanks, we hope more than anything that she will be able to breathe normally and truly the enjoy the things she loves without choking, gagging and constantly throwing up. She was the reason I was able to get out of bed on many days after my beloved mother passed away. I owe her so much :-)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Thanks, we hope more than anything that she will be able to breathe normally and truly the enjoy the things she loves without choking, gagging and constantly throwing up. She was the reason I was able to get out of bed on many days after my beloved mother passed away. I owe her so much :-)

awe, amazing what these babies do for us isnt it? We will all be waiting impatiently to hear the good news after her surgery. Wish it was sooner also but the surgeon is right in wanting to monitor her so closely.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.