Finn is acting different

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Good job catching the problem early! Great job, you wonderful bullie mama, you! I hope that he is quickly on the road to recovery! And very cool about your chance meet up :D

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Finn actually has an abscessed tooth! One of his premolars (?) is broken, and at the base of that tooth there is an abscess. Poor boy must be in pain!! he hid it so well til it got too bad, i guess. I'm sorry, Finn. They will extract the tooth today. He also has an ear infxn. He'll be coming home at around 2pm West Coast time with some antibiotics and pain meds. The dr. said he will feel much better once the tooth is pulled.
Ahhh poor guy. It's amazing how dogs can tolerate pain levels. I was wondering if it was someone sort of abcess, didn't even think of a tooth. How'd he break it, any idea? Give Finn a big hug from Auntie Jeannie. So glad you caught it Henny. It's knowing our guys/gals like we do that when something just not right we know.

:hug: to you!!!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
My little guy was very groggy when I picked him up this afternoon at the vet's. I got to take his tooth home with me...i might make a pendant out of it!

For the remainder of the day he was in his crate, snoozing. I had a house full of people over today and many just visited Finn at his crate and gave him lots of snuggles and belly rubs. He ate some dinner; i only fed him a tablespoonful of canned food but he did finish it. Later he seemed to feel better b/c he came out of the crate and mingled with the guests.

I'm glad I brought him to the vet's too, and that the doctor was able to perform the tooth extraction right away. He has some stitches in his mouth 'cuz they had to cut into the gums.

I'm just relieved that Finn appears more comfortable and content. He will be getting lots of snuggles, cuddles and smooches from me this weekend, that's for sure!:D

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
So Henny...let me know your thoughts on Dr Garcia. Be honest! I can take it! :D

Okay, I will be honest with you...I liked her very much! :)
She was warm and seemed genuinely caring. Dr.Garcia also doesn't seem rushed when examining the patient. She explains things pretty thoroughly. I liked how her husband (Dave?) showed me the pictures of Finn's surgery and explained to me what was done, step by step.

The office has a comfortable and homey atmosphere. It was different from my other vet's office which seemed a little more "cold".
Today I didn't feel like just a number who they wanted to get in/out as quickly as possible and that's a GREAT thing!

Big thumbs up from me, Becky!!:cool2:

Finn will be going back in 3 wks for a f/u and vaccinations and I intend to take Tate there for future care.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My little guy was very groggy when I picked him up this afternoon at the vet's. I got to take his tooth home with me...i might make a pendant out of it!

For the remainder of the day he was in his crate, snoozing. I had a house full of people over today and many just visited Finn at his crate and gave him lots of snuggles and belly rubs. He ate some dinner; i only fed him a tablespoonful of canned food but he did finish it. Later he seemed to feel better b/c he came out of the crate and mingled with the guests.

I'm glad I brought him to the vet's too, and that the doctor was able to perform the tooth extraction right away. He has some stitches in his mouth 'cuz they had to cut into the gums.

I'm just relieved that Finn appears more comfortable and content. He will be getting lots of snuggles, cuddles and smooches from me this weekend, that's for sure!:D

FanTASTIC news! It's easy to forget about dental issues but an abscessed tooth can kill a dog. I know a guy who was in the hospital for WEEKS recovering from the same. The poison exploded into his blood stream. The dude almost died.

Great catch, Mama!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Poor Finn but so glad he got it fixed. I'll have to keep an eye on my doggies toofies from now on. In my next life I'm going to marry a vet.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh this is great news that he is better. im glad you have a vet now you like. that is so important as i just changed vets for the same reason my old one seemed very "cold" compared to the one i have now. :)

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Henny thumbs up from me for picking this up! What a great bully mama u are! I eish I had a vet here like Dr Garcia! And I wish I could meet Becky at the vet !! I am thrilled ur guy is oj the road to full recovery!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online