Paranoid? Going to get up to 92 degrees today in Mass

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Well it's been over 100 degrees here in Kansas in the last week. So my AC is on for the babies 😍🐶

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wow, you guys in northeast and midwest have been sweltering! We have it lucky here in So Cal so far...but it's still pretty early in the season.:whew:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, you guys in northeast and midwest have been sweltering! We have it lucky here in So Cal so far...but it's still pretty early in the season.:whew:

Dont jinx us! :lol: It hasnt been bad too much tho, I agree. Hoping the worst isnt coming. ugh... As for your pups, have you thought of getting a room a/c maybe for them? Might be something to consider so you dont have to worry so much. My air is set to 78 mostly and actually being almost all time I can keep it off for a long time before it gets hot enough to need it.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We had that 3-day strech last week of high heat, the 100 degree day was the worst and I was nervous all day too (even with the web cam running). Bacon napped all day but I kept calling the house to wake him up just to make sure he was just sleeping :shout:
When I got home the first thing I did was fill up the kiddie pool and let him take a long cool "bath" and "drink" - then he was a happy camper.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Well at my age I feel hot all the time but my Thermostat is set to 75 so I think it's a compromise I can live with. Hubby is always cold but he's older than I and doesn't move around much. Bullies sleep downstairs so they are actually cooler than I am upstairs but I have a ceiling fan if the A/C doesn't quite cool me off as much as I'd like. I don't think it's possible to "not worry" when it comes to my fur children. :whew:

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
We have our thermostat set on 77. With the 109-112 temps that we've had our a/c has been running nonstop. Yesterday, it ran like crazy but couldn't compete with the outside heat so it ended up being 80 in the house. This is a new, huge a/c unit also.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I get cold below 79, but it's a dry heat! Lol

Once you have lived in AZ this long you lose you body insulation. It is a layer of fat that keeps you from getting cold. Now I freeze in the winter instead and it is usually about 60 on most days, gets colder at night and in the morning. In 60 degree weather I have on a sweatshirt! My bulldogs do not get hot in the house either, so I imagine it is the same for them. But we have the ac blowing all day along with several hurricane style fans-- plus ceiling fans-- so it seems very cold inside even at that temp. I dread the thought of our ac going out in summer. They can also be outside in 100 degree weather for 10 minutes without panting. If your weather is unusual I would be concerned, but if it's normal like it is here as long as you are paying attention everything will be okay.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online