Thread: Walter's butt

Bulldog(s) Names
    Walter
    Likes (Received)

Default Walter's butt

Woke up this morning and Walter(12 weeks old) was whining and very restless (normally he is still sound asleep). He had pooped in his pen and it was very runny. Took him outside to do his business, once we came back in he normally goes to town on his food and water but didn't touch either. I noticed that his butt was bleeding a little bit. What is going on here? I'm guessing he ate something too big for him to pass? What do I do?

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Walter's butt

Vet!
    to EBN... sorry Walter isn't well but bleeding is not good and should have a vet look at it. You could be right about him ingesting something he can't pass. Despite the circumstance Im glad you joined and hope you stick around and participate. Thanx.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

If he isn't eating..and with the change in his poo..I would take him to the vet. I know from experience.. they will eat everything!!! And if you aren't certain..it could be dangerous. Let us know what happens!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Agree with the vet check, it certainly will not hurt. Lord knows what he may have eaten. Good luck!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Walter323 View Post
    Woke up this morning and Walter(12 weeks old) was whining and very restless (normally he is still sound asleep). He had pooped in his pen and it was very runny. Took him outside to do his business, once we came back in he normally goes to town on his food and water but didn't touch either. I noticed that his butt was bleeding a little bit. What is going on here? I'm guessing he ate something too big for him to pass? What do I do?
    If he isnt eating or drinking and has runny poo I would go to the vet. It could be he ate something that he cant pass which can turn serious very quick or he has something else going on. Right now with him being so young I would have the vet look him over asap..>Please keep us postee! hope he feels better soon

to the site! Glad you joined us and hope everything goes well
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Lucy-licious

I agree with everyone else...definately need a vet to check it out and to EBN x

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh my this does not sound good, prayers for your boy and please let is know what the vet says!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Walter
    Likes (Received)

Update on Walter: I went home to get him as soon as I could get a break, in his pen he had passed a hard chunk of plastic and he acted like nothing had happened. Playful and energetic as normal. Gave him a little food and water and he chowed it down like normal and did all of his business outside like usual. I was very happy that he was back to regular Walter but noticed at some point while I was gone he broke a nail and it was bleeding, poor Walter. So we clipped the rest of his nails and put some powder on the broken one and all is well.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

One word of caution...there still may be more pieces in him. And plastic..especially hard plastic can tear his intestines and other inside parts! I hope you try and find what he chewed on, look for how much might be missing and please continue to monitor him closely. You and Walter are very fortunate. We have members here that have had very expensive emergency surgeries for just this reason. I'm so relieved he was able to pass what he did..but keep an eye on him!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Oh I've had experience with this too many times to count with Ace, my non bully who passed. Keep a very close eye on Walter for serveral days. I agree with Becky that it's possible that not all of whatever he ate passed. Just depends what it was and if there's more pieces. Any other unusual signs get him to the vet for an xray asap!

Poor Walter's had a rough day and the nail to boot, ouch! He deserves an editable scooby snack.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm glad Walter is acting like his old self again, but like others said, do continue to monitor him. Our bullies sure love putting everything and anything into their little mouths, don't they? I'm constantly sticking my fingers in Tate's mouth luring junk out of there, from sunglasses parts to rocks to leaves, to rubber bands. It's really scary and i've been very fortunate that there hasn't been any serious complication from this (knock on wood)!!

Give Walter a big hug from us!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

Yes. I agree with everyone. Keep a very close eye. A friend of mines puggle chewed part of a frisbee and it sliced up his intestines. Had to have emergency surgery to remove a lot of his intestines! Was touch and go for a while! I'm not trying to scare you, just watch for any more signs of bleeding, lethargy, or not eating well. I hope he is fine. I'm sure he will be. Sounds like he's. Avk to his old self!

Remove Ads