Walter's butt

Walter323

Jun 11, 2012
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Woke up this morning and Walter(12 weeks old) was whining and very restless (normally he is still sound asleep). He had pooped in his pen and it was very runny. Took him outside to do his business, once we came back in he normally goes to town on his food and water but didn't touch either. I noticed that his butt was bleeding a little bit. What is going on here? I'm guessing he ate something too big for him to pass? What do I do?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Vet!
:welcome: to EBN... sorry Walter isn't well but bleeding is not good and should have a vet look at it. You could be right about him ingesting something he can't pass. Despite the circumstance Im glad you joined and hope you stick around and participate. Thanx. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If he isn't eating..and with the change in his poo..I would take him to the vet. I know from experience..:cursing: they will eat everything!!! And if you aren't certain..it could be dangerous. Let us know what happens!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Agree with the vet check, it certainly will not hurt. Lord knows what he may have eaten. Good luck!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Woke up this morning and Walter(12 weeks old) was whining and very restless (normally he is still sound asleep). He had pooped in his pen and it was very runny. Took him outside to do his business, once we came back in he normally goes to town on his food and water but didn't touch either. I noticed that his butt was bleeding a little bit. What is going on here? I'm guessing he ate something too big for him to pass? What do I do?

If he isnt eating or drinking and has runny poo I would go to the vet. It could be he ate something that he cant pass which can turn serious very quick or he has something else going on. Right now with him being so young I would have the vet look him over asap..>Please keep us postee! hope he feels better soon

:welcome: to the site! Glad you joined us and hope everything goes well

L

Lucy-licious

I agree with everyone else...definately need a vet to check it out :hug: and :welcome: to EBN x

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my this does not sound good, prayers for your boy and please let is know what the vet says!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
Walter323

Walter323

Jun 11, 2012
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Update on Walter: I went home to get him as soon as I could get a break, in his pen he had passed a hard chunk of plastic and he acted like nothing had happened. Playful and energetic as normal. Gave him a little food and water and he chowed it down like normal and did all of his business outside like usual. I was very happy that he was back to regular Walter but noticed at some point while I was gone he broke a nail and it was bleeding, poor Walter. So we clipped the rest of his nails and put some powder on the broken one and all is well.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
One word of caution...there still may be more pieces in him. And plastic..especially hard plastic can tear his intestines and other inside parts! I hope you try and find what he chewed on, look for how much might be missing and please continue to monitor him closely. You and Walter are very fortunate. We have members here that have had very expensive emergency surgeries for just this reason. I'm so relieved he was able to pass what he did..but keep an eye on him! :yes:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh I've had experience with this too many times to count with Ace, my non bully who passed. Keep a very close eye on Walter for serveral days. I agree with Becky that it's possible that not all of whatever he ate passed. Just depends what it was and if there's more pieces. Any other unusual signs get him to the vet for an xray asap!

Poor Walter's had a rough day and the nail to boot, ouch! He deserves an editable scooby snack. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm glad Walter is acting like his old self again, but like others said, do continue to monitor him. Our bullies sure love putting everything and anything into their little mouths, don't they? I'm constantly sticking my fingers in Tate's mouth luring junk out of there, from sunglasses parts to rocks to leaves, to rubber bands. It's really scary and i've been very fortunate that there hasn't been any serious complication from this (knock on wood)!!

Give Walter a big hug from us!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Yes. I agree with everyone. Keep a very close eye. A friend of mines puggle chewed part of a frisbee and it sliced up his intestines. Had to have emergency surgery to remove a lot of his intestines! Was touch and go for a while! I'm not trying to scare you, just watch for any more signs of bleeding, lethargy, or not eating well. I hope he is fine. I'm sure he will be. Sounds like he's. Avk to his old self!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.